• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crystal Umbrella Gone Bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Design & Direction Limited is trading under a very similar name now, directors at companies house makes interesting reading

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      Looks like Design & Direction Limited is trading under a very similar name now, directors at companies house makes interesting reading
      Could you post be a little less cryptic please. Alot of information has already been posted about the director of D and D Ltd and his previous companies. Have you found something new or is it something that might have already been mentioned?

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2613611.html
      Last edited by northernladuk; 25 February 2019, 22:40.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

how is everyone getting on with this?

Comment

What happened to the people that were hoodwinked in to signing up with Pendragon? Have they been shifted back to Crystal Choice or is Pendragon working in the background with no website or internet presence?

Comment

HMRC Lottery - Update

Telephoned HMRC in January - see previous post from 03 February.

Printed all Crystal Umbrella payslips and posted them to HMRC with an explanation letter showing how the Aqua Bubble income was duplicated into the Unitum Operations income.

Waiting two months for some work-shy, bone-idle, public sector parasite at HMRC to be bothered to do something about it.

Eventually got a letter back stating "Thank you for your letter regarding the incorrect RTI submissions from your former employer. I have noted your record with the information provided and removed the potential underpayment from your tax code. Please ensure you enter the correct pay and tax figures when you complete your Self Assessment tax return."

As of this writing, two weeks later after receiving that letter, my GOV.UK portal still shows the same duplicated income and the same emergency tax code.

I despair.

Comment

I spoke with Clumber Consultancy (handling the insolvency investigation) this week and they're still trying to work out if a 'transfer of operations' took place to Pendragon. The time limit on this is June\July 2019, but they might come to a decision sooner. They have the payroll info now from Unitum so it's just a case of working through it. The insolvency service need this info to work out what people need to be paid. I asked for a rough time frame on 'conclusion' and was told it could take up to a year to finish everything due to the number of people employed.

Comment

Originally posted by killingtime View Post
                I spoke with Clumber Consultancy (handling the insolvency investigation) this week and they're still trying to work out if a 'transfer of operations' took place to Pendragon. The time limit on this is June\July 2019, but they might come to a decision sooner. They have the payroll info now from Unitum so it's just a case of working through it. The insolvency service need this info to work out what people need to be paid. I asked for a rough time frame on 'conclusion' and was told it could take up to a year to finish everything due to the number of people employed.
                Did you move over to Pendragon? What's happened to them now?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Did you move over to Pendragon? What's happened to them now?
                  I did move to Pendragon, but after I pulled all my money out I resigned ASAP. I'm not with them any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintaka View Post
                    Telephoned HMRC in January - see previous post from 03 February.

Printed all Crystal Umbrella payslips and posted them to HMRC with an explanation letter showing how the Aqua Bubble income was duplicated into the Unitum Operations income.

Waiting two months for some work-shy, bone-idle, public sector parasite at HMRC to be bothered to do something about it.

Eventually got a letter back stating "Thank you for your letter regarding the incorrect RTI submissions from your former employer. I have noted your record with the information provided and removed the potential underpayment from your tax code. Please ensure you enter the correct pay and tax figures when you complete your Self Assessment tax return."

As of this writing, two weeks later after receiving that letter, my GOV.UK portal still shows the same duplicated income and the same emergency tax code.

I despair.

I’m in the same boat too! I know it’s not much comfort! I’m hoping they sort something out at the end of this tax year. I spoke to someone at HMRC and asked them to put me on an X tax code. They did and assured me that it’ll be corrected. However, I’m not particularly holding my breath!!

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha26 View Post
                      I’m in the same boat too! I know it’s not much comfort! I’m hoping they sort something out at the end of this tax year. I spoke to someone at HMRC and asked them to put me on an X tax code. They did and assured me that it’ll be corrected. However, I’m not particularly holding my breath!!

Same boat here too, HMRC can see what went wrong but are unwilling to fix it or issue an temporary tax code, they require the employer/liquidator to do that - which they say by law they have to do. And all my recent emails to Opus and Clumber Consultancy have gone unanswered.

Has anyone managed to get copies of the missing payslips from Clumber/Opus as this seems the quickest course of action to get HMRC to correct the tax codes.

Comment

Working...
                      X