• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crystal Umbrella Gone Bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Update

Happy to report that I am now back on a proper tax code. No week1/month1 nonsense and without thousands of pounds of duplicated and untaxed "income".

I guess I got lucky - I downloaded all of my Crystal Payslips before the server plug was pulled. A full collection of payslips is the only thing you as an employee can go to HMRC with.

I dare say I won't be getting a P60 anytime soon though.

I can only wish good luck to everyone else. We've all get better things to do with our precious valuable time than deal with unnecessary nonsense like this for months on end.

Comment

Any progress?

I am too am one those affected and to date have had very limited financial impact as I was able to persuade HMRC to change my tax code due to an obvious error in the calculations. However, now the new tax year has begun I have been automatically issued a new tax code indicating I still owe a significant amount of tax and now HMRC can't change my tax code back!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to retrieve all of my payslips before the portal went down and therefore have no record of what I actually paid other that those received by e-mail before it all went to the portal. Has anyone managed to get an indication from the liquidators on when they will be able to provide the evidence of our earnings to HMRC to rectify the issue or has anyone had a successful outcome through the liquidators to date?

Comment

Originally posted by nbadunk View Post
        I am too am one those affected and to date have had very limited financial impact as I was able to persuade HMRC to change my tax code due to an obvious error in the calculations. However, now the new tax year has begun I have been automatically issued a new tax code indicating I still owe a significant amount of tax and now HMRC can't change my tax code back!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to retrieve all of my payslips before the portal went down and therefore have no record of what I actually paid other that those received by e-mail before it all went to the portal. Has anyone managed to get an indication from the liquidators on when they will be able to provide the evidence of our earnings to HMRC to rectify the issue or has anyone had a successful outcome through the liquidators to date?
        Hi!

I'm in the same boat. Sent a lot of emails to the liquidators and eventually had an email from the Director of Clumber asking me to ring her. She said that they had issues with HMRC as they wouldn't speak to them and would only speak to Unitum but obviously they couldn't do that. They've now been "allowed" to speak to HMRC about all the issues and everything is getting sorted. She asked me about my issues with the tax code and duplication of earnings, asked me to send a screenshot of my HMRC account and how much I earned as confirmation and what the tax code was when I was with them - they are sorting my issue out for me as they said it was relatively straight forward in comparison to others. Might be worth an email to Clumber?

Comment

So much pain

I was caught up with Crystal and am now leaving pendragon after all these issues with tax. The first I noticed when they changed the bank on the invoices to the pendragon client account without even moving me to another company which was dodgy.

I didn't manage to download my pay slips for some period of the last tax year so I'm unable to prove what I earned and what tax was paid. After several calls with Karen on the liquidators I was able to get my tax amendment sent to HMRC but it's only been today after 3 phone calls that they have changed my tax code from a K to a L.

They still are saying I owe 8k so I am going to have to go through my statements and compare these with the HMRC portal. I did however notice that the figure they are sending to HMRC did not take away pension, expenses or student loan off the taxable income and thus causing an over payment. I am going to try and see how much this totals with the records I have and see what I can claw back.

Has anyone that is missing pay slips managed to get them back from either the liquidators or the actual hosting company?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Lonsdale View Post
            I was caught up with Crystal and am now leaving pendragon after all these issues with tax. The first I noticed when they changed the bank on the invoices to the pendragon client account without even moving me to another company which was illegal.
            Clarified that for you.

How have you been working up to now? Pendragon took over the website for a short time but then it got taken back over by one of the ex Crystal directors so where was Pendragons internet presence? Did they have a portal to log in to or was it all off the web?

If that whole carry on isn't blatant Phoenixing I really don't know what is. I don't know how he got away with it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Clarified that for you.

How have you been working up to now? Pendragon took over the website for a short time but then it got taken back over by one of the ex Crystal directors so where was Pendragons internet presence? Did they have a portal to log in to or was it all off the web?

If that whole carry on isn't blatant Phoenixing I really don't know what is. I don't know how he got away with it.
              I have been working under pendragon. They don't have an online portal for pay slips you have to send them an email with the details on and then they email you the payslip when it is processed.

The only web presence is their site pendragonconsultancydotcodotuk

On the 18th April they announced they was FCSA accredited which is very annoying.

Comment

I have been working under pendragon. They don't have an online portal for pay slips you have to send them an email with the details on and then they email you the payslip when it is processed.

On the 18th April they announced they was FCSA accredited which is very annoying.
                To be fair that's not a bad website at all. Struggling to find the company number and the other legal gumpf website should have but I didn't look all that hard to be fair.

Comment

To be fair that's not a bad website at all. Struggling to find the company number and the other legal gumpf website should have but I didn't look all that hard to be fair.

Did you try the insolvency thing like this guy.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...periences.html

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Did you try the insolvency thing like this guy.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...periences.html

This is the company on companies house
                    PENDRAGON CONSULTANCY LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

This is the MD or pendragon on linkedIn she was working for Unitum as well at one point.
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/janetdehavilland/

I will check that link out thanks for that

Comment

This is the company on companies house
                      PENDRAGON CONSULTANCY LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

This is the MD or pendragon on linkedIn she was working for Unitum as well at one point.
                      https://www.linkedin.com/in/janetdehavilland/

I will check that link out thanks for that
                      Yep, we went through all that right at the beginning of the thread. And she's also linked to Alan Little who part of Unium and is now running Crystal Choice on old Crystal. First three or four pages of the thread cover all this. He's in, he's out, he's back in. Very odd.

Comment

Working...
                      X