• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news

Hi all

Firstly, thanks for all the information on this site, it has been a massive help.

I've signed my first contract and start on 17 Dec. I'm very excited to get cracking on a big national project as a Lead Business Analyst.

Thanks again

Mark

Originally posted by Morgraal View Post
    Hi all

Firstly, thanks for all the information on this site, it has been a massive help.

I've signed my first contract and start on 17 Dec. I'm very excited to get cracking on a big national project as a Lead Business Analyst.

Thanks again

Mark
    The correct thread title is 'Boomed'

Congratulations but keep applying. I would be suspicious of a three week delay and then a start just before Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      The correct thread title is 'Boomed'

Congratulations but keep applying. I would be suspicious of a three week delay and then a start just before Christmas.
      Thanks Greg, I've noted that title for future reference!

I'm going from perm, so my last day is 14th. They want me in the week before Xmas to get me around the team and do some of the onboarding basics.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Congratulations! Look forward to 2 days of work before a mandatory 2 week furlough, possibly :-)
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Thanks, they've said they want me in for the whole week, so that should be fine.

Comment

Thanks, they've said they want me in for the whole week, so that should be fine.
            Good luck! You reminded me of the heady times of landing my first contract - and saying goodbye to boringness of permiedom... good times

Comment

I'd start spending without delay

Comment

Hi all

Thanks again

Mark

Nice one Mark and Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                  Nice one Mark and Good Luck
                  But did he get his feet under the desk yet?

It's 21st today.

Also, the time to start spending is not until the warchest is sufficient.

Merry xmas from Scrooge

Comment

Hiya

So I've been in place for a month.

Ive written my own brief and had some wobbles with thinking that I'm excess to requirements as they have a lot of Analysts that can do what i do, plus more already.

However, I've grown more confident over the last week as I've gotten more to grips with what is needed, there is a lot to learn so I'm picking up Agile/Scrum terminology and understanding.

It's still weird as I think more about expenses and admin of the business

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X