• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn

I got a Linkedin connection request from someone working at a company with the same name as mine but operating in Egypt. Fair enough but whilst researching them I cam across a company entry on Linkedin that's my company but using the registered address, which is my accountants, and purporting to have employees that include me and others such as the girl in Egypt and someone from another business. Scant detail otherwise but I never configured that entry. Does anyone know what Linkedin's up to here? Are they block creating company profiles in the hope of building fake databases

Yeah. They auto create companies on LinkedIn then whoever chooses that as their company will show as employees.

They probably use companies house to Pre populate basic info.

I’m sure it was discussed here before.

See if you can claim the company details on LI?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Hmm, thanks for posting this.

I had never heard of this one but, sure enough, my company of one (me) also seems to have another seven or eight employees around the world...

I will see how possible it is to clear this.

Comment

https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/55962
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Had sent a request to LinkedIn to remove my LtdCo name from their listings before I saw your link. Doubt that will have any meaningful impact though.

Now, reading the link, I see I am told to become an employee of the company before being able to claim it as my own and administer it. But, fantastically, when I try to become an employee of my own company, it does not even present itself as an option to me in the drop down box.

Per chance, has anyone had a similar issue? And if so, how was it resolved?

Thanks.

Comment

Not that anyone is likely to be still reading this, but;

1. Seems my company name was in the drop down, I just didn't recognise it as someone had labelled it as a Maritime company.
            2. I now have admin rights, played around with the pages and all seems to be correctly assigned.
            3. Que: I now have eight or so employees of this company - does anyone know how to get rid of 'em?

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X