• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to say to "Are you interviewing somewhere"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kprad35 View Post
    I am not sure what to say if Agent or interviewer asks "Are you interviewing somewhere?

So far I have said No because agent wouldnt consider anyone who may not be available during the interview process.Is it true?

But what to say if interviewer asks the same question.would you say the truth so he wont delay in making decision?
    I politely decline to answer the question unless it was at the place where the agent wants to play you at or you are in a very time limited situation.

Lots of this going on at the minute (asking about interviews) as many agents not done much business in Oct/Nov. end of year is here and its all getting a bit desperate. They won't tell you that of course but that's the underlying theme.

Comment

Always say yes (but never where) Say you have one or two phone interviews planned but nothing in a final stage yet. This means you're not at risk of being take of the market immediately and also you're sought after.

Comment

So where'd NLUK go on this thread? Not actually realising I'm not wrong here has he? ;-)
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Stock answer, no matter how far along you are with other applications:

"I'm in for a couple of roles elsewhere but not heard anything firm yet. Yours sounds the most interesting...."
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Stock answer, no matter how far along you are with other applications:

"I'm in for a couple of roles elsewhere but not heard anything firm yet. Yours sounds the most interesting...."
            Yep spot on.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X