• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are the chances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had stuff a week later or on the walk home from the interview, depends on how keen they are and whether you end up being 2nd place

Keep hammering the apps and interviews until you're sat down in the new client as the rug can be pulled many times before then

This fun and games is part of the deal we do in getting this work so don't feel hard done by, if it was simpler everyone would do it
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

IB interviews are rarely a waste of time and usually fall into a certain type of category:
      1/ A genuine interview with a genuine position - the most common kind and you get them or someone who the client regards as better (either better, cheaper or already known to client)
      2/ You get an interview via an agent and the client hasn't got the budget signed off. Bit of a gamble and can be 50/50 but at least you're then known to client - good news if you've interviewed well!
      3/ You're used as a box ticking exercise with no chance of the gig unless you're a 10/10 fit. Client is leaning towards perm or consultant so you have to be perfect fit to get it
      4/ You're being used as free consultancy resource - usually detectable if they have very specific problems that they get to early on in the interview.

I've found my time to be predominantely 1 and 2, with only one each of 3 and 4 (agent actually took me for a pint after 3 and apologised because we had an existing business relationship)
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Called Resource solution agent from a different number , I have been told that client has put me on hold - the final interview with another candidate on Wednesday. After that client may decide.
        put me on hold = not a perfect fit?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          My feeling is always if I haven't heard by the next day, then I probably haven't got it.

That being said, I have been offered roles 3 or 4 days later, either because it has taken the client that long, or even because their first choice didn't accept for whatever reason.

But "what are the chances"? No-one can answer that for you. Keep interviewing, and if it does eventually come then happy days.
          Once I had one take 8 weeks from interview to acceptance!

They wanted me, were forced to take a permie, who did not work out. I did not need to interview again.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Kprad35 View Post
            Called Resource solution agent from a different number , I have been told that client has put me on hold - the final interview with another candidate on Wednesday. After that client may decide.
            put me on hold = not a perfect fit?
            Probably means you are the best candidate so far. But they have to see everyone just in case Bill Gates comes along.

However, keep looking elsewhere. A contract is not a contract until your feet are under the desk(or however NLUK phrases it.)

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              Once I had one take 8 weeks from interview to acceptance!
              Pah, that's nothing. I had an interview in 2002, and I still haven't heard back yet....

Comment

Working...
              X