• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are the chances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the chances

Had 3 round interviews with a large bank in London.The final round was on Tuesday after that total silence.

Final interview went quite well , I mean we both were comfortable for 45 minutes.

Agency is Resource solutions means they wont chase for feedback.All they told interviews are still going on. So If I am the 1st to interview then my chances are anyway low.

So in terms of percentage what are my chances to get the offer - I personally feel quite low as usually offers come within at max 2-3 days.

Any hope?

No-one knows. They could pull the contract or speak to other contractors they prefer or the agent can lie about you to the client and say you are no longer available if they wish to push someone else.

Keep applying and keep looking.

Comment

You are seriously going to have to toughen up. In a bad period you could be going for 10's of interviews and get nothing. It's just the way of the game. Not sure what the score is now but there used to be 100's of applicants for each role and around 6 to 8 get to interview so even on top of your skills it could be a numbers game.

Not sure how on earth you expect us to be able to tell you if you've got a gig or not. You've got to go through the motions and just keep applying. You've no news so assume you've got nothing.

If you are stressing this much about your first few interviews you are going to have a long torrid time contracting.

Fire and forget. When you get an offer it will be a pleasant surprise.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kprad35 View Post
        Had 3 round interviews with a large bank in London.The final round was on Tuesday after that total silence.

Final interview went quite well , I mean we both were comfortable for 45 minutes.

Agency is Resource solutions means they wont chase for feedback.All they told interviews are still going on. So If I am the 1st to interview then my chances are anyway low.

So in terms of percentage what are my chances to get the offer - I personally feel quite low as usually offers come within at max 2-3 days.

Any hope?
        30%

Crack open a beer and keep plugging away on Monday.

Comment

Appreciate your comments lifted my mood as I was regretting wasting interview in such difficult market.
          Last edited by Kprad35; 30 November 2018, 19:25.

Comment

My feeling is always if I haven't heard by the next day, then I probably haven't got it.

That being said, I have been offered roles 3 or 4 days later, either because it has taken the client that long, or even because their first choice didn't accept for whatever reason.

But "what are the chances"? No-one can answer that for you. Keep interviewing, and if it does eventually come then happy days.

Comment

In my experience decisions are usually made within a week,
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 December 2018, 20:17.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Any hope?
                Bear in mind Kprad alot of times you can under go a stupid amount of interviews but agencies like to pull a lot of low tricks and stunts, chances are you might have been put on ice and they already have a candidate in place and if he/she bolts then expect the agency to call and make you jump through a load of hoops last minute and get uppity if you reply back you are on another gig.

Normally after my interviews I say quite frankly to the agencies that if I don't hear back from them after a few working days I'll assume the vacancy has been filled and move on and thank them for the interview. Until you see a contract Kprad; keep looking as it is the worst point of the year for jobs so don't feel down that you are the only one in this as the market is saturated.

Comment

Appreciate your comments - Job interview/feedback/agencies have all become a mystery. I don't know why cant they be honest after interview - just say there are external factors causing delay or we didn't think you are quite a fit for the role or there are 5-6 more candidates I want to interview before making decision by this date. once you have the definite answer, it becomes easier to move on.

Comment

Appreciate your comments - Job interview/feedback/agencies have all become a mystery. I don't know why cant they be honest after interview - just say there are external factors causing delay or we didn't think you are quite a fit for the role or there are 5-6 more candidates I want to interview before making decision by this date. once you have the definite answer, it becomes easier to move on.
                    Because time is money. Agents are just salespeople chasing their commission. If you aren't going to make them any money then you are dead to them. They'd rather spend their time on the next gig getting people in. There is nothing in it for them to waste time on you.

It's easy to move on. Fire and forget and assume you've got nothing until you get something.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X