• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worried about new contract and references (Absent a lot for previous contract)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by password View Post
    Well the reference documents have come through and the authorisation mentions reason for leaving.
    Do you mind if I ask how many contracts you've had? You seem a little bit green on this stuff.

Who are the reference documents from and what are they for exactly? Is this all pre or post contract? Your reasons for leaving are simply that the contract came to an end, like every other contractor out there.

These aren't permie references, now. Agencies dont' need client references, you can tell em to sod off or give them your old agency - you can explain that you're sure they wouldn't want other agencies calling *their* clients.

The only time clients normally *need* references is for security vetting, which will be limited to "Yeah, he worked here between x and y". And, again, you can normally use agencies just fine.

Most companies are rightly cautious about giving any information out that could ever come back to them - there's simply nothing in it for them.

In fact, now I think about it I've never given details for anybody whose name wasn't on the contract. Wouldn't even have contact details for many of them - who am I going to give for a short term project role where the team was dissolved after?
    Last edited by vwdan; 3 December 2018, 14:56.

Comment

Working...
    X