Recruiter says "maximum daily rate is... " Recruiter says "maximum daily rate is... " - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 33 of 33

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by MyUserName View Post
    Why would you talk to the client? Your contract is with the agency.
    Dopey as stated ...

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
    Dopey as stated ...
    Chaps, there really isn't an easy and 'one size fits all' type of answer to this.

Contractually, the handshake is between contractor and agent. But at the end of the day, it will come down to relationships and with whom one has the better one. Agent or Client.

For my part, I have negotiated via both.

The contractor will just have to consider the environment, assess what s/he is trying to achieve and decided on which avenue lies the better chance of success.

Obviously, this is in relation to a renewal and rate increase, not for a new contract where all relations are likely new.
    Last edited by simes; 14th January 2019 at 12:35.

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Skag View Post
    Do you know of any good negotiation techniques when a recruiter says (the £500 is an example)

In regards to rate, we will have to agree a figure as I am not able to submit a range unfortunately. The top end would be £500 – please let me know what you would like to go over at.

500 may be a good price but I know that I can get 550 or 600 for my skillset. If the recruiter insists that 500 is max how would you play it?
    Tell them you can get 550 to 600 and hold out for that. Emphasise your expertise and experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018