• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter says "maximum daily rate is... "

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    £1200 sounds quite good
    That's more than PC's family claims in a month!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Note to add to that. Clients never increase their prices. Keep that mantra in your head and you a) won't be far wrong and b) don't have to worry about it. You sign at a price you are happy with so just be happy with it.
      It probably depends on what you do, but I've managed a 100% increase on advertised rates over the last two years, but it's came with 3 months on the bench for each year.

Basically, I just set my price and wait for the client to fail trying to place candidates, or go with less qualified candidates and fail to deliver. Market rates for roles are apparently set by someone checking jobserve and seeing what the ads are offering.

Thing is, it's the roles that aren't getting placed that last the longest, so the ads don't necessarily reflect reality.

Comment

Originally posted by fool View Post
        It probably depends on what you do, but I've managed a 100% increase on advertised rates over the last two years, but it's came with 3 months on the bench for each year.

Basically, I just set my price and wait for the client to fail trying to place candidates, or go with less qualified candidates and fail to deliver. Market rates for roles are apparently set by someone checking jobserve and seeing what the ads are offering.

Thing is, it's the roles that aren't getting placed that last the longest, so the ads don't necessarily reflect reality.
        It most certainly does. Your standard roles like PM, BA etc will have people lining up equally skilled and someone will take it at market rate. If you are niche then yes, could work.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X