• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client won't put a statement of work in schedule or sign confirmation letter...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client won't put a statement of work in schedule or sign confirmation letter...

Hi,

I'm aiming to ensure/confirm that my contract and working practices are line with IR35.

Client refuses to put a statement of work in the contract (activities and deliverables for time period) and wants to simply include a job title.

Also unwilling to sign a confirmation of working arrangements letter.

Thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks,
    Untouchable1

Originally posted by Untouchable1 View Post
    Hi,

I'm aiming to ensure/confirm that my contract and working practices are line with IR35.

Client refuses to put a statement of work in the contract (activities and deliverables for time period) and wants to simply include a job title.

Thanks,
    Untouchable1
    Two choices
    1. Bendover
    2. Walk
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Well the warning signs are there so time to go to a professional.

Get QDOS to do a full review of the contract and working practices and if (when) they find issues let them negotiate it on your behalf.

I'm assuming you haven't already started here?

Are you direct or via an agent?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks,
        Untouchable1
        Have you asked why they are refusing your request? Only then can you start to formulate a counter argument reiterating the benefits to both you and them.

If they still refuse, even if you get pros involved, your options are walk away or sign.

Comment

Client refuses to put a statement of work in the contract (activities and deliverables for time period) and wants to simply include a job title. Also unwilling to sign a confirmation of working arrangements letter.
          Certainly if I were recruiting a contractor then I wouldn't want to get involved in all that nonsense. I'd only do it if it were absolutely necessary and I can't ever remember that being the case apart from maybe once when I did want someone totally unique.

So this assignment is for a person who is prepared to work to a job title. You need to look elsewehere for someone who will play the baby IBM charade.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            Certainly if I were recruiting a contractor then I wouldn't want to get involved in all that nonsense. I'd only do it if it were absolutely necessary and I can't ever remember that being the case apart from maybe once when I did want someone totally unique.

So this assignment is for a person who is prepared to work to a job title. You need to look elsewehere for someone who will play the baby IBM charade.
            Well thanks for the insight. Probably a good job you don't recruit contractors, isn't it...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi,

I have seen this a few times. Irrespective of if it is direct or through an agent get the contract checked, there could be other clauses you missed. Also see if they will tell you why?

Then once armed with all the facts decide if it is worth the risk.

If we can ask what was the job title?

WLB

Comment

Hi,

Thanks,
                Untouchable1
                Tried talking to the agent? (assuming there is one as you haven't mentioned). Tried bringing up the Apr20 IR35 changes with them?

Comment

Write a statement of work and email it to client along them to confirm that it describes the work that needs doing. Or to advise otherwise. Put in the accompanying text that you find it useful to baseline this when starting a contract.

Or some tulip like that.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Probably a good job you don't recruit contractors
                    I guess you don't.
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X