• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help! What do I do when I have not received contract renewal the last week before fur

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It was thanks to someone like you that I got my first contract back in 1996. But I agree. No working without contract.
    Sometimes these things backfire! Not had that happen to me (yet!) but it's ways a risk.

Comment

The contract extension is like the initial one - it's not real until you're sat at the desk with the paper signed off beforehand.

I start looking about a month before any end of contract (or furlough preceding one)
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It was thanks to someone like you that I got my first contract back in 1996. But I agree. No working without contract.
        As an add on to my story about the client. There was another contractor there who worked 2 months without a contract. Even let client off the hook because "they didnt have time to sort out before they went on leave for two weeks".

So of course, I looked the right awkward cock insisting on it being sorted....

I was no impressed with the young lady in question....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Well, I have worked on goodwill due to paperwork not being ready, but I knew the manager well enough to know it would be sorted, and that she wanted me, to extend. So that all worked out well.

Comment

Working...
          X