• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help Please!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please!

Hi. Looking for any advice please!

I've been offered a job working in the UK for an American based company (l'm in sales). They have no base or infrastructure in the UK and l would be the only employee in the UK. They want me to invoice them each month for my salary/expenses and arrange to pay tax/NI myself. I would not be working for anyone else.

As l've always been a PAYE employee before l have no idea what l have to do to set this arrangement up. Can anyone give me some advice/guidance of what l need to do please. My salary would be circa £50-60k pa.

Thank you.
    Rob

Here is a thread that explains possible situations although it looks like you know which one you are in so maybe not that much use.

I will work remotely for a US company from the UK, will I be taxed at UK or US? - Quora

Here is a thread from last year asking exactly the same questions which appears to help.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...s-company.html

Whole host of similar threads in this search. You might find one that is either similar or gives you a more detailed answer.
    working in uk for us company site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Here is a thread that explains possible situations although it looks like you know which one you are in so maybe not that much use.

I will work remotely for a US company from the UK, will I be taxed at UK or US? - Quora

Here is a thread from last year asking exactly the same questions which appears to help.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...s-company.html

Whole host of similar threads in this search. You might find one that is either similar or gives you a more detailed answer.
      working in uk for us company site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
      See what helpful advice you get for correctly spelling 'advice'.

Comment

Here's something to look out for: If the amount you invoice them (including expenses) could exceed the VAT threshold, you'll need to register for VAT, and you'll need to charge them VAT too! Why? Because the services you are delivering are being delivered in the UK and therefore subject to VAT. You can be certain that the US company will not want to pay an extra 20% for your services.

Comment

Working...
        X