• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BPSS Employment history

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPSS Employment history

Hi,

I have graduated in July (just under 5 months ago), during these 5 months since graduating I have attended a 6-week training course, the training contract mentions the following:

"The Trainer and the Delegate agree that nothing in this agreement shall give rise to a relationship
    of employee and employer between the Delegate and the Trainer."

So this was not formal employment, however, I do have a certificate proving that I have passed the training course. I also have a contract for the client site that i was supposed to be working at after the training. I chose not to sign the contract because i did not agree with its terms which they were not willing to negotiate, also because they got funny about paying me for the training because i had not signed the formal employment offer contract, although I passed the training. The company I did the training with were also really rude when I was in such a bad financial situation, but they were refusing to pay me for the training.

I doubt they would give me a reference, so my question is, would I have to mention this as a part of my employment history on the BPSS? If so, how can I go about doing so?

Also, when I refused to sign the formal employment contract, they did send me a P45, which is strange because I thought that a P45 was for employment termination?

Originally posted by kmo1993 View Post
    Hi,

I have graduated in July (just under 5 months ago), during these 5 months since graduating I have attended a 6-week training course, the training contract mentions the following:

"The Trainer and the Delegate agree that nothing in this agreement shall give rise to a relationship
    of employee and employer between the Delegate and the Trainer."

So this was not formal employment, however, I do have a certificate proving that I have passed the training course. I also have a contract for the client site that i was supposed to be working at after the training. I chose not to sign the contract because i did not agree with its terms which they were not willing to negotiate, also because they got funny about paying me for the training because i had not signed the formal employment offer contract, although I passed the training. The company I did the training with were also really rude when I was in such a bad financial situation, but they were refusing to pay me for the training.

I doubt they would give me a reference, so my question is, would I have to mention this as a part of my employment history on the BPSS? If so, how can I go about doing so?

Also, when I refused to sign the formal employment contract, they did send me a P45, which is strange because I thought that a P45 was for employment termination?
    A P45 is indeed employment termination. You were an employee of BPSS - why would they have paid you for the training otherwise? It’s normally you who pays the training provider.

Just put it on your CV as training.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
    X