• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Predicament.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could make a case that as additional contractors are being bought in the travel would be less? Or suggest the extension is based in a smaller area?

If none of these are achievable simple decline the extension and move on. As NorthernLad has explained; you are worrying too much.

Chalk it up to experience and go on to the next gig....simplz...

WLB

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      If you had 3 or 4 years of 3 monthers it might start to look a bit suss but the odd one here and there isn't an issue.
      Rubbish.

I only "looks a bit suss" to idiots who think of contractors as nothing more than temporary permies. Admittedly, most agents are like this (although their belief doesn't make it right) as well as a number of other "contractors" it seems. Especially some of the ones on here.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
        Rubbish.

I only "looks a bit suss" to idiots who think of contractors as nothing more than temporary permies. Admittedly, most agents are like this (although their belief doesn't make it right) as well as a number of other "contractors" it seems. Especially some of the ones on here.
        Hmmm. You call it rubbish and then go on to prove it's correct. Way to go BB. Out done yourself this time.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Hmmm. You call it rubbish and then go on to prove it's correct. Way to go BB. Out done yourself this time.
          "Prove it's correct"? Why? Because agents think that contractors are really short-term permies? And you think that makes it correct? You agree with them?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
            "Prove it's correct"? Why? Because agents think that contractors are really short-term permies? And you think that makes it correct? You agree with them?
            I do not at all. The OP asked if this being a short contract would be an issue for him. I pointed out having a number of years of them won't look great to an agent and you've explained to whom it might and then admitted most agents are like this... so as I said, it might be an issue if he has 10-16 gigs in 3 years.

I don't see anywhere I said I agreed with the agents and certainly can't see why it's rubbish. He asked a question, I responded and you qualified why it might be an issue.

Comment

Since you two guys are on the same page after all (for once), maybe you could just give us a nice rendition of The Hallelujah Chorus?

The harmony won't last long, of course, but maybe long enough to get through that piece, it really isn't all that long. And it would be better listening than what you usually give us.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                Since you two guys are on the same page after all (for once), maybe you could just give us a nice rendition of The Hallelujah Chorus?

The harmony won't last long, of course, but maybe long enough to get through that piece, it really isn't all that long. And it would be better listening than what you usually give us.
                BB trying to be Billy big balls and shooting himself squarely in the foot isn't really being on the same page.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 4 January 2019, 10:43.

Comment

Update: Spoke to the agent who was quite stern.

Also spoke to clientco and they agreed once the new resources start travel will be 1 day per week. Clientco was Keen to keep me wish to offer me an extension - what’s the best way to negotiate a rate increase? Initial rate was quite a bit lower due to first contract.

Comment

What changed between this

Originally posted by Maka344 View Post
                    In addition to the travel, I am not happy with the work. It’s a bit of a car crash and there’s no real support from management. I have decided to move on.
                    and this

Also spoke to clientco and they agreed once the new resources start travel will be 1 day per week. Clientco was Keen to keep me wish to offer me an extension - what’s the best way to negotiate a rate increase? Initial rate was quite a bit lower due to first contract.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                      What changed between this

and this

This.....
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X