• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody used a private members club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody used a private members club?

Hey Guys

I often find myself on the lookout for a place to do some work and meet people etc.

After visiting Eight Club London | Bank Moorgate Private Members Club a couple of years ago, I was impressed. At at £900 per year it doesn't work out excessively per month.

I like the idea of 2 hours meeting room credit per day, pool tables, pretty luxury seating areas. Nice bar, restaurant etc.

My main question is if anybody does use it... have you availed of the "Club Virtual Office package" to have the club as your registered business address. How much does it cost and what are the features of the package? There is nothing on the website and I haven't heard back from them.

Thanks

Get the gold package. Nothing better than mailing my invoices with a scantily clad blonde on each arm.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by password View Post
      Hey Guys
      My main question is if anybody does use it... have you availed of the "Club Virtual Office package" to have the club as your registered business address. How much does it cost and what are the features of the package? There is nothing on the website and I haven't heard back from them.

Thanks
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

No, didn't realise they were so (relatively) cheap to be honest. If I get stuck living in the City again, may well look in to that!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Haha, I know.. asking for that. To be honest it's true but I only mailed them today. That line was because people would probably just tell me to mail them.

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          No, didn't realise they were so (relatively) cheap to be honest. If I get stuck living in the City again, may well look in to that!
          Yea, to be honest most of them cost more than that and I like the way this is geared very much towards business as opposed to leisure, I think. Not sure about the others but they very much appear to be expensive restaurants.

I like the idea of having a "sitting room" in the City where I can go and get some work done.

Comment

Working...
          X