• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swiss Client UK Based Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiss Client UK Based Contract

Hi,

I have just been offered a role by a Swiss client for £X00 a day. The role if fully remote (UK home based) except 3 days in Zurich to start the contract. The contract I have received from agency has address of client's UK office and has no reference of Swiss office what so ever. I have already sent my contract to QDos for IR35 review.
    My question is - would I be liable for any Swiss tax in this arrangement? Is there anything I should do to protect my interest from tax perspective?

Thanks,
    Jay
    Last edited by NoviceContractor; 9 January 2019, 22:10.

No. You will not be liable for any Swiss tax.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      No. You will not be liable for any Swiss tax.
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

And if the Swiss authorities ever come after you, you can always say, 'Some guy on the Internet told me,' and maybe even give them a link.

In fact, this guy happens to be reliable, but don't you think you should be looking for something more solid than 'Some guy on the Internet'?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
          In fact, this guy happens to be reliable
          Jolly kind of you to say so.

Yes, I'm a British immigrant to Switzerland and know how the tax system works. Furthermore, I worked remotely for a UK company from Switzerland and it works the other way around as well - no tax due in the UK.

There are some VAT wrinkles for high turnovers. But the OP isn't not invoicing CH directly, it should be fine.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Agree with above no tax implications in Switzerland. Your office is in the UK that is where you work, and in addition you are paid by a UK subsidiary, so no cross border tax complications, which is probably why they did it like that themselves.

Tax implications begin when you actually go and work there.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Jolly kind of you to say so.
              The thing is, there's no way anyone would know by looking at this thread. It's only by a consistent track record that it's obvious. You've got that track record but how would people reading this thread know that? I can't imagine failing to do one's own research or paying an expert for something so important.

Comment

Working...
              X