• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this an Ir35 issue?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this an Ir35 issue?

I have been offered a senior architect role where my contract would be with the recruitment agency. The agency would have a contract with Cognizant who in their turn deliver a project for Police forces (end client).

With this arrangement and an end client being a governmental organization does that mean the role would fall inside Ir35?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Originally posted by Fernando5 View Post
    I have been offered a senior architect role where my contract would be with the recruitment agency. The agency would have a contract with Cognizant who in their turn deliver a project for Police forces (end client).

With this arrangement and an end client being a governmental organization does that mean the role would fall inside Ir35?

I'm working for the police as well but don't worry too much, check the contract first; Does it mention the police force? Check who the end client is on the contract and make sure it doesn't say Police Force as the end client. Also has the agency stated that the contract is outside of IR35/inside of IR35 and have you had it independently reviewed by Qqdos or another IR35 contract reviewer?

Normally if you are self employed very rarely after the mass public sector IR35 blanketing which occured awhile back, most public bodies don't allow self-employed to work directly for them (very few allow it without issues but that's another story) so it goes like this:

Ltd Company - Agency X - Public Sector Body as end client on contract = Inside IR35 as the contract will show end client as a government body
    Ltd Company - Agency X - IT Service Provider X (E.g. Computacenter, DXC etc) as end client - Public Sector Body (As a client of IT Service Provider) = Outside of IR35 as on paper you are in theory working for IT Service Provider not the Public Sector Body.

I gone down a even more crazier route and working through 2 service providers + agency but check working practices as well and SDC, equipment is a murky issue but can be argued on grounds of security you can't bring your own to work for obvious reasons.

Comment

Your response completely addressed not only question but a concern too. Thanks you for this as that saved me a fair amount of time and spared from unnecessary worries.

I have been shared a draft version of the client which is currently under review by Qdos and they seem to be somewhat slow. The SDC matter seems OK from my past contracting experience and the contract does not seem to specify the Forces as the end client.

Comment

Working...
      X