• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone else on the bench now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Feck Im busted!!!

To be fair NLUK, whereas my benefit claiming activities a few years ago could be considered a little borderline unethical it was all perfectly 100% above board and legal.
    Like parking in disabled bays when you aren't disabled you mean?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Like parking in disabled bays when you aren't disabled you mean?
      Not quite sure if its a fair comparison.

If I park in disabled bay then I am going to get a ticket because its unlawful. Also, I am directly depriving someone who might not be able to park.

Claiming benefits legally is not unlawful by definition. Neither is it preventing someone else from obtaining anything.

Honestly, NLUK, I really don't see why you have an issue. I claimed probably less than a £1000 about 5 years ago. I haven't claimed since. I pay way more tax and NI than that a month as I'm sure we all do. (some of us inside IR35 even more).

I don't know what part of the country you're in exactly (up north somewhere which I'm sure parts are as tulipty as the welsh valleys) but, surely its the same? If not, take a trip to the welsh valleys especially places like Merthyr - it will make you're head spin. Its a career choice - people don't work because they can screw the benefit system, laze around and get pissed/stoned/wasted on it.

ME claiming £1000 a few years ago legally is, honestly, nothing. I appreciate its not for all so its personal choice.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Not quite sure if its a fair comparison.

If I park in disabled bay then I am going to get a ticket because its unlawful. Also, I am directly depriving someone who might not be able to park.

Claiming benefits legally is not unlawful by definition. Neither is it preventing someone else from obtaining anything.

Honestly, NLUK, I really don't see why you have an issue. I claimed probably less than a £1000 about 5 years ago. I haven't claimed since. I pay way more tax and NI than that a month as I'm sure we all do. (some of us inside IR35 even more).

I don't know what part of the country you're in exactly (up north somewhere which I'm sure parts are as tulipty as the welsh valleys) but, surely its the same? If not, take a trip to the welsh valleys especially places like Merthyr - it will make you're head spin. Its a career choice - people don't work because they can screw the benefit system, laze around and get pissed/stoned/wasted on it.

ME claiming £1000 a few years ago legally is, honestly, nothing. I appreciate its not for all so its personal choice.
        It possibly because you keep suggesting it like you have above and waving it like a flag of pride. If you claimed it, took the stick and then just shut up about it then it would die a death. As I've said many times, it's your own fault for rolling it out time and time again. You complain you get stick, we point out it's because you keep bringing it up, you claim you don't and we provide the links and then go advising it again. It's like a never ending circle.

And BTW. It's not just me.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Aye, it is banging on a bit now @NLUK. We could start dredging up the stealing of website content if we want to go down the route of unlawful behaviour. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            Aye, it is banging on a bit now @NLUK. We could start dredging up the stealing of website content if we want to go down the route of unlawful behaviour. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
            And your mum's career choices are legally borderline to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              It possibly because you keep suggesting it like you have above and waving it like a flag of pride. If you claimed it, took the stick and then just shut up about it then it would die a death. As I've said many times, it's your own fault for rolling it out time and time again. You complain you get stick, we point out it's because you keep bringing it up, you claim you don't and we provide the links and then go advising it again. It's like a never ending circle.

And BTW. It's not just me.
              NLUK - all I ever do is advise fellow contractors on the bench that its an option. Make your own mind up.

All I ever did was claim it once. Not a "flag of pride" at all. A contractor on the bench for too long is doing something wrong. Im hardly going to boast IRL to my mates that I can't get a gig and I'm on benefits, am I? (they do know I claimed "between" gigs though).

And I'd certainly rather not do it again to be honest. It was appropriate at the time for me though.
              Last edited by psychocandy; 28 January 2019, 16:57.

Comment

Missed that one?????

(EDIT: Thank you for the person who sent me the link. Busted.com)
                Last edited by psychocandy; 29 January 2019, 12:21.

Comment

Last edited by SimonMac; 28 January 2019, 17:18.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                    Nope its £6K max combined! Now its way tighter to even get crumbs due to all the imported citizens milking the system dry as a bone!
                    Pretty sure statistically far more UK born citizens are milking the system than 'imported'

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to administrator again.
                      Can someone oblige for me please
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X