• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone else on the bench now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, really annoyed about this as I was 2 months into a 6 month contract, currently on 2 week holiday for my birthday and got an email yesterday from my agent saying the client had put their project on hold and so they’d terminated my contract. They were thinking the pause would come off in March but they had enough people to cover it internally.

I think I’m most annoyed about the fact that I’d planned a 4 week trip away now most of last year. When offered the contract I actually cut my trip to 2 weeks so I could take up the work as it seemed a good place. So now I don’t even have the option to change my trip and no work to go back to.

Super frustrating

Comment

Milanbenes, is that you?

Comment

Is anyone else on the bench now?

Originally posted by molsang
        I do love rural Britain and I love dealing with people in street. I do feel grateful to all my ex-Managers who recognized me. Since I came from one of the advanced civilizations (became third world because of own fault of not being United, allowed thieving it's wealth) I do have an outside view and I can recognize the hype actually in other side, I didn't bigging up, I was telling facts. It sounded like bigging up because media houses wanted to keep mass as ignorant.
        Best way to keep the masses ignorant is to use WhatsApp groups to organise mass lynchings of innocent people who are not given any opportunity for justice.
        Next best is to oppress them by preventing them from having basic sanitation and education.

But on here; the best way to control the masses is to hand out infractions to those who bypass the swear filter and rant in the professional forums, and that way we can keep the professional forums professional.

Moving this thread to General and closing it while we decide how to treat an inverted racist.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ok... and racist comments have been (largely) removed, this thread can resume its original purpose.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Ok... and racist comments have been (largely) removed, this thread can resume its original purpose.
            How to claim JSA?

Comment

Not getting renewed so am available again in 3 weeks. Had a year out of them and will be quite nice to find something commutable from home so mixed feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                Yup, really annoyed about this as I was 2 months into a 6 month contract, currently on 2 week holiday for my birthday and got an email yesterday from my agent saying the client had put their project on hold and so they’d terminated my contract. They were thinking the pause would come off in March but they had enough people to cover it internally.

I think I’m most annoyed about the fact that I’d planned a 4 week trip away now most of last year. When offered the contract I actually cut my trip to 2 weeks so I could take up the work as it seemed a good place. So now I don’t even have the option to change my trip and no work to go back to.

Super frustrating
                Best one I ever had. Good client but they were useless at renewals. Left it to the last day every time. Was there over 2 years though.

My daughter was born so I took a week off. Got back - had email from client manager (who based in Ireland). First email - "Congrats on birth of your daughter", Second Email half hour later "Sorry due to budget issues we can't extend this time so last day is Friday".
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                  Not getting renewed so am available again in 3 weeks. Had a year out of them and will be quite nice to find something commutable from home so mixed feelings.
                  JSA?

Comment

Originally posted by molsang View Post
                    The problem in UK is education system and partly cultural, not many UK born highly skilled people.
                    Ha ha ha .... priceless You should go get yourself a gig down the Comedy Store fella
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Ha ha ha .... priceless You should go get yourself a gig down the Comedy Store fella
                      Thats a classic....

Comment

Working...
                      X