• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is weird, right?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is weird, right?

HR is asking for personal email details, staff number and boss details to move them to new platform. This is for contractors - a few of us in this email list.

What is going on.

Also they just let go of a lot of people who contracts expired at the end of Jan. Am I over rhinking

Just mail them back and ask if you mean contractors and ask them what this system is and then make a call. I can't think of anywhere I've been where I've had a staff number so I couldn't do it anyway.

If they are doing it for everyone, contractors, suppliers, permies and anyone else that has an account then you'll be fine. It appears you are on the old system anyway so same details on a new system won't make much difference.

Make a few more inquiries and then come back with more information if you are still unsure.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Just mail them back and ask if you mean contractors and ask them what this system is and then make a call. I can't think of anywhere I've been where I've had a staff number so I couldn't do it anyway.

If they are doing it for everyone, contractors, suppliers, permies and anyone else that has an account then you'll be fine. It appears you are on the old system anyway so same details on a new system won't make much difference.

Make a few more inquiries and then come back with more information if you are still unsure.
      I am sometimes asked for a staff number, e.g
      when filling in a photo ID form. 'N/A contractor' does the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I used to put 007 in and then come in with a black turtle neck jumper under my black suit for the rest of the week
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I used to put 007 in and then come in with a black turtle neck jumper under my black suit for the rest of the week
          Makes a change from the French maid outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            In some places, I have been given a very specifically 'contractor' number. Differentiated from 'permanent' numbers by letters at the beginning or some such. These have been required for Support calls and hardware assigning.

HR may not be clued up as that. Maybe.

Otherwise, the N/A would work a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
              In some places, I have been given a very specifically 'contractor' number. Differentiated from 'permanent' numbers by letters at the beginning or some such. These have been required for Support calls and hardware assigning.

HR may not be clued up as that. Maybe.

Otherwise, the N/A would work a treat.
              If HR aren't aware of how they deal with the identification of contractors I'd be amazed. More likely the OP is essentially a "disguised employee" and so does have a pseudo-employee ID within the company

Comment

Just keeping options open as opposed to relying on assumptions...

But, I would agree.

Comment

Some banks issue you with a staff number as logon id

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
                    HR is asking for personal email details, staff number and boss details to move them to new platform. This is for contractors - a few of us in this email list.

What is going on.

Also they just let go of a lot of people who contracts expired at the end of Jan. Am I over rhinking
                    Personal email: [email protected]
                    Staff number: Do you have one? Sometimes contingent workers/contractors are assigned one for ease of processing ID cards, etc. If not, N/A - contractor
                    Boss details: Dave Hiring Manager

Done. Yes, you're over-thinking it.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X