• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working hours per week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go straight to LTD if you can but it can take a while to set up, it took a couple of weeks to get my business bank account set up, and get my VAT set up, plus find an accountant and get the company set up etc.

Most recruiters insist you give them your LTD name, bank account details, VAT cert and incorporation cert up front.

I don't think it's too bad to go brolly for your first gig but as people say LTD is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post

Most recruiters insist you give them your LTD name, bank account details, VAT cert and incorporation cert up front.
      Of those the LTD and the incorporation are on day 1.
      VAT cert takes not many days, and isn;t need till the first invoice.
      Bank account isn't needed until the first invoice is due.

Agencies have a process to get these all in one-go as it's easier for them to administer in one go. That's it.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

As others have said. It makes no sense. Either go Ltd OR umbrella for this gig.

Sounds like the agency want you to go umbrella so are stringing you a line.

From the time you started this thread it could have all been setup. Except maybe the VAT which you can backdate anyway if you’ve applied (I think)

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
          As others have said. It makes no sense. Either go Ltd OR umbrella for this gig.

Sounds like the agency want you to go umbrella so are stringing you a line.

From the time you started this thread it could have all been setup. Except maybe the VAT which you can backdate anyway if you’ve applied (I think)
          it matters not till invoice time..
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NardDog View Post
            Thanks I understand there will be longer and shorter days, but the wording in the contract is what concerns me. The way I read it, the client can pretty much say the expect at least 8 or 9h per day.

I was under the impression it takes a bit longer, especially the bank account. I've still got a months notice with my current employer, so should have the LTD setup before the starting date, and I won't actually use the umbrella.

Probably a bit late now - But you can get a Starling bank account in minutes once your company is registered. Not sure what the feeling of starling is here on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by bhavic View Post
              Probably a bit late now - But you can get a Starling bank account in minutes once your company is registered. Not sure what the feeling of starling is here on the forums.
              Start up, challenger bank. Business banking hasn't been running a year yet so it's a bit early to tell.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                Go straight to LTD if you can but it can take a while to set up, it took a couple of weeks to get my business bank account set up, and get my VAT set up, plus find an accountant and get the company set up etc.

I don't think it's too bad to go brolly for your first gig but as people say LTD is the way to go.
                You can get a Ltd Co vertual business bank accout from Cashpluss online. No charges if you pay in regularly. It tkes 24 hours.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  You can get a Ltd Co vertual business bank accout from Cashpluss online. No charges if you pay in regularly. It tkes 24 hours.
                  Want another beer?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X