• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for SQL DBA roles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for SQL DBA roles

Hi

I'm currently undertaking a MCSE SQL Server certification. I am working on a side project to help improve and strengthen this skill but now I'm realising I need professional work for at least 3 months to flex my SQL DBA muscles.

If anyone has any junior SQL server DBA roles on a contract basis and within Financial Services. Happy to take a really low rate if it gets me to this role.

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
    If anyone has any junior SQL server DBA roles on a contract basis and within Financial Services. Happy to take a really low rate if it gets me to this role.
    If you’re looking to get experience, I’d suggest not narrowing down your client base to one sector.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Try going permie for a while at a decent rate.

Learn the difference between DBA on OLTP systems and data warehouses. Please.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Clients take contractors on because of their experience and ability to deliver from day one. Even on a low rate they aren't going to take someone on that's learning. You'll not get passed the agent let alone the client.

You are gonna have to go permie to get some solid experience before contracting.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X