• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone dealt with Uniting Ambition before?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone dealt with Uniting Ambition before?

Hi guys,

As the title suggest, I'm curious to see if anyone has ever dealt with the agency 'Uniting Ambition' (Uniting Ambition | Enterprise Technology & Transformation Recruitment) before. If I look at companies house I see there's a company with that name that was dissolved 3 days ago. If I look at the privacy statement on the website, it says it's a limited company called TVWW LIMITED (Uniting Ambition | Enterprise Technology & Transformation Recruitment) which seems to have little to no net worth.

I'm fairly new to this, are there any major red flags here? They have quite a few openings posted throughout and very enthusiastic Google reviews.

Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by Mscott View Post
    Hi guys,

As the title suggest, I'm curious to see if anyone has ever dealt with the agency 'Uniting Ambition' (Uniting Ambition | Enterprise Technology & Transformation Recruitment) before. If I look at companies house I see there's a company with that name that was dissolved 3 days ago. If I look at the privacy statement on the website, it says it's a limited company called TVWW LIMITED (Uniting Ambition | Enterprise Technology & Transformation Recruitment) which seems to have little to no net worth.

I'm fairly new to this, are there any major red flags here? They have quite a few openings posted throughout and very enthusiastic Google reviews.

Any help appreciated.
    Yeah, I have, did a 9-monther through them that ended just short of a year ago. They changed companies halfway through my contract, I have a previous post here asking about that. In practice, nothing changed for me, and their main trading vehicle is TVWW.

Their agents are a little young and wet-behind-the-ears imo (or maybe I'm just getting old!) but they got the job done okay. Contract went through easily. In fact, they upped the agreed rate by a fiver a day once the final purchase order came through from the client.

For payments, I had one month where payment wasn't received on time. Chased with the agent and there was a week or so of faffing about but it all got cleared up in the end. Final invoice was paid without issues, and expenses invoices went through okay (for clarity, these were for non-standard off-site travel to the EU, not the normal Monday-to-Friday travel). Payment terms were not the best (monthly, with payment being the month after invoice is received, so payment for January would be received in the first week of March) but you could probably negotiate better.

For agent contact they were quite good. Rang me every two months or so to check how things were (often enough to keep in touch, distant enough to let me get on with the job). I actually walked away from this contract after the 9 months (handed in the correct amount of notice, etc) and they were decent about it. They still call me every now and then to see what I'm up to, and whether I can place any of their contractors

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Yeah, I have, did a 9-monther through them that ended just short of a year ago. They changed companies halfway through my contract, I have a previous post here asking about that. In practice, nothing changed for me, and their main trading vehicle is TVWW.

Their agents are a little young and wet-behind-the-ears imo (or maybe I'm just getting old!) but they got the job done okay. Contract went through easily. In fact, they upped the agreed rate by a fiver a day once the final purchase order came through from the client.

For payments, I had one month where payment wasn't received on time. Chased with the agent and there was a week or so of faffing about but it all got cleared up in the end. Final invoice was paid without issues, and expenses invoices went through okay (for clarity, these were for non-standard off-site travel to the EU, not the normal Monday-to-Friday travel). Payment terms were not the best (monthly, with payment being the month after invoice is received, so payment for January would be received in the first week of March) but you could probably negotiate better.

For agent contact they were quite good. Rang me every two months or so to check how things were (often enough to keep in touch, distant enough to let me get on with the job). I actually walked away from this contract after the 9 months (handed in the correct amount of notice, etc) and they were decent about it. They still call me every now and then to see what I'm up to, and whether I can place any of their contractors
      Yes did some work with them 4 years ago. Paid on time, however there was some very strange company organisation and company house numbers on contract differing from what was on there website and email. Always felt a little bit suspect so kept payment terms short, however no issues with them.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

do u meet them in office

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Yes did some work with them 4 years ago. Paid on time, however there was some very strange company organisation and company house numbers on contract differing from what was on there website and email. Always felt a little bit suspect so kept payment terms short, however no issues with them.
        Hi,
        Before you sign the contracts, do you meet them in office ?

Comment

Originally posted by RobScott View Post
          Hi,
          Before you sign the contracts, do you meet them in office ?
          No, but you just reminded me I did have to do a Skype video call with the agent who went over my CV.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I did have a chat with them today and they seem to be quite open about their company switch. I'll post any updates for anyone else having this question in the future.

Comment

They've been my agent for the last 2 years and I haven't had a problem. They're always mindful of maintaining a good relationship with both the client and myself, so I don't have much to complain about.

I'm not the biggest fan of their new automated payment system vs sending my own invoice each month, but I'm getting paid on time regardless.

Comment

Hi,

Quick update on this after a few months;

The first line recruiter I dealt with was horrible but the directors were great and responsive. They've been late with paying quite a few times but have always sorted it the same day once notified. Overall I can recommend them as a decent agency.

Comment

Working...
                X