• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experience delivering contracts for the government?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience delivering contracts for the government?

I just found contractsfinder, and it seems like a good source of projects if someone wants to work as a software delivery company.
    Anyone has experiences working with the government? Good? Bad?

Originally posted by Skag View Post
    I just found contractsfinder, and it seems like a good source of projects if someone wants to work as a software delivery company.
    As Crapita and any other supplier will tell you. It's brilliant. High rates with no need to deliver anything workable.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's far to big to be able to answer that. Some places are good, some are an utter shambles. I've had both in the last few years so there is no single answer to give you.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skag View Post
        Have you seen some of the contracts on there? I have bid in the past but the maximum value on offer is laughable. I don’t bother now.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

In a previous life I used some ITT boards to generate business. What a waste of time.
          They are so weighted towards larger organisations. On more than one occasion we ended up ‘no bidding’ as the effort to complete the process was so torturous that we were eating into any actual profit we’d get if we won the gig.

I doubt much has changed on the last 12 years.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Interesting views and experiences... it seems the consensus is like "stay away"

Comment

Working...
            X