• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Sacking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Sacking

I cocked up big time this week, although through no fault of my own (at all). Cocked up as in at a work level as opposed to personal level, but cannot go into the detail.

However the powers that be don't see it this way and will decide what happens next. I have said that I am prepared to go, so thoughts on whether to ride it out and see, or just offer my notice and leave with my head held high ?

Depends on what it is.

Do you have all your insurances in place? Perversely, do you have enough evidence that it is not your fault to invalidate the insurance?

Is it something that you can offer to fix at your own time and expense, even though you claim it is not your fault?

Do you still retain the confidence of at least a few key people there?

If it’s bad enough, you will only have your “head held high” when you tell the story down the pub. Within Clientco your name will be mud.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      I cocked up big time this week, although through no fault of my own (at all). Cocked up as in at a work level as opposed to personal level, but cannot go into the detail.

However the powers that be don't see it this way and will decide what happens next. I have said that I am prepared to go, so thoughts on whether to ride it out and see, or just offer my notice and leave with my head held high ?
      March into your senior client contact's office, drop your trousers, slap your John Thomas on his desk and say, 'Beat that!'

That will resolve matters one way or another.

Comment

Don't admit any liability or fault - it may invalidate your insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Depends on what it is.

Do you have all your insurances in place? Perversely, do you have enough evidence that it is not your fault to invalidate the insurance?

Is it something that you can offer to fix at your own time and expense, even though you claim it is not your fault?

Do you still retain the confidence of at least a few key people there?

If it’s bad enough, you will only have your “head held high” when you tell the story down the pub. Within Clientco your name will be mud.
          Yes I have insurance in place but they wont cover being let go early.

Ive been working extra hours already last weekend and all this week into the evenings to try and resolve this.

I fear the confidence has gone already and anything I do now will be futile regardless. Im am feeling like a lame duck and almost embarrassed to go in on Monday !

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            Yes I have insurance in place but they wont cover being let go early.
            It's professional indemnity insurance you need to worry about, being let go early is part of contractor life.

Comment

We need MF to come and offer some advice on how to sort it out. Usually the technique of biffing the senior stakeholders fixes it.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Where is the Fat Man?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Where is the Fat Man?
                  You know where.

Comment

Maybe move this to the business/contracts section.

I would rather walk than be walked. I will have to see what happens next week.

Comment

Working...
                    X