• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company setup with a VAT registered number required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited company setup with a VAT registered number required

Hi,

I need a limited company setup with a VAT registered number ASAP. I can't wait to setup new company then wait a few weeks for the same.

Any site where they sell limited companies with VAT registered number? or any other options anyone is aware?

Thanks
    David

You've tried googling this first have you?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why can’t you wait? 24 hours to get the company setup and you just need VAT number/cert when you invoice.

If you don’t have the VAT sorted before you invoice then you can just do a VAT only invoice once it’s setup to cover any VAT not yet charged.

But as NLUK said google it.

Comment

VAT always get backdated you know you have to keep it for HMRC right? This request sounds a little suspect because of this!

Comment

There is work that has been done for me now i am getting invoices for payment and they are requesting to share the VAT number. Hence the query. I have further work planned in next few months also.

i have checked on google and there are many sites that state they provide the same but once on their site they don't have any VAT registered readily available but rather provide the service after owning the limited company which i can do myself.

Comment

Originally posted by wor4ing View Post
            There is work that has been done for me now i am getting invoices for payment and they are requesting to share the VAT number. Hence the query. I have further work planned in next few months also.
            This isn't unusual. Nearly every company that is setup quickly will struggle with this a little at the beginning so easy to work around. Here are some articles that might be of use to you.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...t-invoice.html

and the answer to your question...

Contractors’ Questions: How to invoice while waiting for VAT number?
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 25 May 2019, 14:30.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

i have checked on google and there are many sites that state they provide the same but once on their site they don't have any VAT registered readily available but rather provide the service after owning the limited company which i can do myself.
              Your accountant will be able to help you.

Something like just get them to invoice your company with a note saying VAT invoice to follow. Once you have your VAT number they can backdate the VAT on an invoice and you pay it.

Comment

If you don't have a company then they've done the work for you personally right?

You do know you can't just setup a company to claim back VAT on personal purchases don't you?

What business are you in? What will your company do for trade? Is it even worth being VAT registered? What is the value of the invoices you have to pay?

I smell a scam....
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  If you don't have a company then they've done the work for you personally right?

You do know you can't just setup a company to claim back VAT on personal purchases don't you?

What business are you in? What will your company do for trade? Is it even worth being VAT registered? What is the value of the invoices you have to pay?

I smell a scam....
                  I've read your other thread and suspect not a scam just naive.
                  You can be VAT regsitered as a sole trader.... You have a whole heap of decisions to make and just setting up a LTD won't answer them.
                  Get an accountant now before you really mess something up.
                  Last edited by Lance; 27 February 2019, 14:37.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                  X