• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the most "unique" contract location you have worked at?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider the honours conceded.

At least from my point of view...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      If we are talking working from home

Riding On top of an elephant

If anyone can beat that I will post another few toppers
      Since elephants shouldn't be ridden, that's not something I'd consider to be proud of.

The best for me?
      Sailing a cat to Jost Van Dyke.
      In a tent surrounded by wild elephants in Samburu, Kenya
      Whale watching in De Hoop (RSA)
      Several billable hours on conference calls at the side of ski slopes in various countries around the world
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Several billable hours on conference calls at the side of ski slopes in various countries around the world
        Ah yes, done this one too...

Comment

Not done but could have in the past life as a permie:-

1. Oil Rig in north sea. (Bottled that one when I found out there was mandatory "upside down helicopter in swimming pool" training. I can't swim so **** that).

2. Kandahar airfield. (Bottled that one too. You need to have your own body armour and helmet to fly into there. Saying that the lad who did go makes £1000s in danger bonus even as a permie!)
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Not done but could have in the past life as a permie:-

1. Oil Rig in north sea. (Bottled that one when I found out there was mandatory "upside down helicopter in swimming pool" training. I can't swim so **** that).

2. Kandahar airfield. (Bottled that one too. You need to have your own body armour and helmet to fly into there. Saying that the lad who did go makes £1000s in danger bonus even as a permie!)
            So really a bit of a waste of time posting then?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you apply for a contract role in a unique location like Falklands , Christmas Island, Hawai or Antarctica, then the agent always tells you that the end client is looking for someone local.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

The desert outside Palmyra, Syria. Seeing the sunrise at Palmyra was the most incredible spectacle - It broke my heart to see its demise and that of the director of antiquities at the hands of Daesh.

Comment

Nuclear submarine!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

London.

Comment

Does 9 months in Ipswich count.........

Comment

Working...
                      X