• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the most "unique" contract location you have worked at?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the most "unique" contract location you have worked at?

Hi all

I am not sure if this is the correct section of the forum for this post? apologies if it is not and feel free to move it ofc.

Being a contract new guy I can't really contribute to this thread unfortunately, but given there are some people on here who have done this for a long time, I often wondered if some of you had ever worked somewhere totally unique, for example the Arctic circle, oil rig, boats / ships, aircraft carrier???, space?

I keep an eye out for "random" roles but have any of you got some stories to tell around this? You don't have to name names or go into detail of course!

I'm sure there must be someone on here who's worked somewhere like this.

Thanks

I did some work on a historical site - think like a castle. Was a pleasant couple of days on an otherwise crap project!

Will probably doxx the location now, but it also inspired me to get my pilots license!

Comment

Red square in Moscow

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by 1000101011 View Post
        Hi all

I am not sure if this is the correct section of the forum for this post? apologies if it is not and feel free to move it ofc.

Being a contract new guy I can't really contribute to this thread unfortunately, but given there are some people on here who have done this for a long time, I often wondered if some of you had ever worked somewhere totally unique, for example the Arctic circle, oil rig, boats / ships, aircraft carrier???, space?

I keep an eye out for "random" roles but have any of you got some stories to tell around this? You don't have to name names or go into detail of course!

I'm sure there must be someone on here who's worked somewhere like this.

Thanks
        Your Mom's house....
        Last edited by northernladuk; 6 March 2019, 17:26.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

takapuna beach

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Your Mom's house....
            A nice change from your usual end cubicle at Wigan Wallgate gents.

Comment

In a tent in an Eastern European country. Last week.

Comment

If the question refers to where the client base was, then Slough, Bracknell, Milton Keynes, Maidenhead, Hounslow, Newbury might be coming up short.

If the question refers to stress testing the boundaries of control, then the Bahamas, Venice, Switzerland, Sicily, Boston have all been worked from. And might provide a more interesting answer.

Comment

I did end up getting locked in some offices in a former secure psychiatric institution. They had retained a lot of the locks and I didn't have a security badge. There were one way traps where you could get through a door but not get back. Eventually I found a side exit that brought me out by the visitors' entrance to Limerick prison just as visiting time was finishing and the families were leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                    If the question refers to where the client base was, then Slough, Bracknell, Milton Keynes, Maidenhead, Hounslow, Newbury might be coming up short.

If the question refers to stress testing the boundaries of control, then the Bahamas, Venice, Switzerland, Sicily, Boston have all been worked from. And might provide a more interesting answer.
                    If we are talking working from home

Riding On top of an elephant

If anyone can beat that I will post another few toppers

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X