• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dealing with an Awkward Permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
    You can keep pedalling the myths that you need to have a head full of grey hair to go contracting but that is simply not true.
    Not sure I said anything like that and not sure what that has to do with this thread.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 12 March 2019, 11:03.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well, for the record, I sent an email to the program manager after the permie sent me Skype messages in CAPITALS pointing the finger of blame my way yet again for something he broke. All incriminating evidence was also forwarded.

Feedback is that they're going to sit down and have a 1 to 1 with him to find out what's troubling him. Sounded pretty positive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        Well, for the record, I sent an email to the program manager after the permie sent me Skype messages in CAPITALS pointing the finger of blame my way yet again for something he broke. All incriminating evidence was also forwarded.

Feedback is that they're going to sit down and have a 1 to 1 with him to find out what's troubling him. Sounded pretty positive anyway.
        Good stuff. I would have said might have tried a chat over coffee if he'd been acting out of character with you. I did a gig where I got proper shafted by a permie, constantly undermining me and just simply not doing what was needed to meet the plan. I couldn't understand why as he was a decent guy and very good at his job. Had a coffee with him advising him it also looks bad on him and I'm more than happy for him to take all the glory if it works as it doesn't affect me as long as I'm paid. Turns out the last contractor he worked with gave him decidedly average feedback for his performance review which meant him missed the cut for a pay rise. Explained the whole contractors shouldn't give feedback and so on, agreed that he would take the credit if it went well and it all went really well after that.

That kind of tactic only works if someone has an axe to grind and it can be sorted. Bolshie young upstart is usually a different kettle of fish.

Fingers crossed he learns a lesson from this and it doesn't actually make him worse.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X