• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in the USA

Hi

First post on here.....
    I am in need of some advise, I have a kitchen to French polish in New York City's 5th Avenue. Sounds cool but I'm not sure how the whole visa thing works??
    I am being employed by a company in Oxford to go there and polish the kitchen, should only take 2 weeks. I understand that America has strict working visa policies but as stated I am working for a UK company so do I need to go down the route of obtaining a works visa? Trouble is this will take months to get as there is a back log apparently, I need to go to the States next month.
    Can anyone shed any light on the do's and don't surrounding the whole working in the US thing please as Google doesn't answer any of my questions.

Kind Regards

Trevor

Originally posted by Browngrrrr View Post
    Hi

First post on here.....
    I am in need of some advise, I have a kitchen to French polish in New York City's 5th Avenue. Sounds cool but I'm not sure how the whole visa thing works??
    I am being employed by a company in Oxford to go there and polish the kitchen, should only take 2 weeks. I understand that America has strict working visa policies but as stated I am working for a UK company so do I need to go down the route of obtaining a works visa? Trouble is this will take months to get as there is a back log apparently, I need to go to the States next month.
    Can anyone shed any light on the do's and don't surrounding the whole working in the US thing please as Google doesn't answer any of my questions.

Kind Regards

Trevor
    LMGTFY

Comment

You’ll need a B1 visa to be fully legitimate. Try this on an ESTA visa waiver and get caught in the lie the. you can expect monumental aggravation at port of entry and extreme difficulties ever being able to enter the US again in the future.

Your “employer” needs to understand this too.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/business-visa/

Comment

Working...
      X