• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very cheap business mobile contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
    That is what I am doing currently; but this is much better than any personal SIM only contracts currently available. In the big scheme of things, I agree it is negligible.
    Apparently, you can port your number.
    I meant what if the provider messes it up and loses your number. Can't happen? Solved: Number lost during port and Agents say "it's gone" - The giffgaff community

I wouldn't expect it to happen, but it's not impossible.

Comment

I think it’s a good deal - I have some magic beans for sale if original poster can forward me all his personal details and copy of his passport

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        I think it’s a good deal - I have some magic beans for sale if original poster can forward me all his personal details and copy of his passport
        Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Take your business elsewhere, magic beans are so overrated these days; never seem to work for me!

Comment

Originally posted by man View Post
          Why not go for a personal SIM only contract - yes you then have to pay the VAT and can't expense it, but frankly they can work out better overall value for money than a 'business' contract: Money Saving Expert SIM only

And as to the worst that can happen? I've had 3 accidentally cancel my contract mid-term on the day before I flew abroad and I spent the entire day (OK, well 6+ hours anyway) sorting it out with them as they were hopeless and couldn't send a replacement SIM abroad.

Also, what about losing your number?
          You can still expense and claim back VAT on a personal contract

Comment

I was looking to add a business broadband and found 350 MB Fibre with Virgin at £32+VAT. BT and Vodafone speeds are below 100 in my area. Am I missing anything here as non-Virgin (Media) are so poor in speeds?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Are you sure broadband is claimable? For a majority of us it's not as the personal use is significant so its not worth doing.

Virgin uses its own cables I believe so can be different to any of the offerings using BT lines. You need to check the T&Cs though as you might need extra cabling and a socket. Maybe even ring them.. But check you can claim the broadband through the business first.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 30 July 2019, 16:41.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have a business contract with Virgin. Unlimited minutes and texts plus 8GB data for £12/month ex VAT plus a £5/month discount on business broadband working out at an additional £35/month ex VAT. You can get 16GB for £14/month too. I’ve just moved my wife (also a director) over to the business account.

Business broadband is claimable if it’s in the company name and it’s something you need to do your job. If you work mostly from home then easy to argue personal use is not significant so it’s a no-brainer IMO.

EIM21617 - Employment Income Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK

The test for “not significant” is one we should all be familiar with as it’s the same rule that covers personal use of other business assets like office furniture and laptops. It’s not necessarily about the proportion of use on business vs personal use. It’s more to do with the context in which it’s provided, is it something necessary to do the job, is it impractical to monitor business vs personal use etc.

EIM21613 - Employment Income Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK
                Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 31 July 2019, 07:38.

Comment

If you work mostly from home then easy to argue personal use is not significant so it’s a no-brainer IMO.
                  But this is the guy that will be travelling to Sharjah, Amsterdam and Dubai to name a few places so won't be working mostly from home. He's also the guy that is incapable of tying his own shoelaces.

So in his situation, bearing in mind he appears still not to have an accountant, I'd say the broadband is NOT claimable like the vast majority of us.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
                    I was looking to add a business broadband and found 350 MB Fibre with Virgin at £32+VAT. BT and Vodafone speeds are below 100 in my area. Am I missing anything here as non-Virgin (Media) are so poor in speeds?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
                    Google FTTP (Virgin) vs FTTC (Everyone else)
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      You can still expense and claim back VAT on a personal contract
                      You can only expense the cost of calls on a personal contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X