• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

client offers perm role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Clients only tend to ask contractors to go perm when they spot someone that isn't very good. They assume the crap ones might be swayed with regular income more reflective of their skills rather than struggling contracting. No point asking the super good contractors because its obvious they are in demand would want far want too much.

HTH

Comment

Is it really true that contractors are only offered permie roles if they aren't any good?

I've known as few very good contractors offered permanent roles (and declined them) as the company has effectively had a probation period from the individual and is happy with their work.
      Last edited by Klodge; 29 March 2019, 19:17.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Clients only tend to ask contractors to go perm when they spot someone that isn't very good. They assume the crap ones might be swayed with regular income more reflective of their skills rather than struggling contracting.

HTH
        that must be terrible for you, being constantly badgered so

Comment

Worth repeating

Comment

Originally posted by Klodge View Post
            Is it really true that contractors are only offered permie roles if they aren't any good?

I've known as few very good contractors offered permanent roles (and declined them) as the company has effectively had a probation period from the individual and is happy with their work.
            No its not true...
            NLUK is just being salty.

Comment

Got offered a permanent role after an initial project fairly recently, didn't take it but I thought it was because they liked the work so much, good to know that feeling it wasn't just that may have been on the money didn't realize it was so common that perm jobs were good for helping the company save money... always good to know.

Comment

It's not usually about saving money either. It's usually driven by the hiring manager envy. This is too why I became a contractor!

Comment

Working...
                X