• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Application not successful

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application not successful

Applied for a contract that I thought was a pretty good match. Was expecting a phone call from the agent, however I got a message from them today "unfortunately you have not been successful this time."

What are the chances of getting some feedback from the agent? Zilch?

Originally posted by SoleTrader View Post
    Applied for a contract that I thought was a pretty good match. Was expecting a phone call from the agent, however I got a message from them today "unfortunately you have not been successful this time."

Probably. Depends a lot on your relationship with the agent and the agent themselves. If you’ve been in regular contact with them about the role they may be able to provide additional feedback. Or they might just drop you like hot snot if the candidate that got placed was also one of theirs.

Comment

At least he told you,you didn't get the gig. At least half of the time you will never ever hear anything back from the agent at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SoleTrader View Post

Assume none and you won't be disappointed. Agents are in the game to make money and giving feedback means they've got to ask he client and then relay it on to every contractor that failed to get a gig. That's a lot of time spent not making money.

As already stated you've got a lot more than usual. Just move on.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Agent emailed me back, said it was an automated reply from jobserve in error. Going to call me today

Comment

Working...
          X