War chest Almost Depleted and Getting Desperate War chest Almost Depleted and Getting Desperate - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 91 to 96 of 96

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by sira View Post
    For those of you who have a small warchest, or don't want to dip into the warchest and prefer to keep busy - if you hit the bench, what are you planning to do? Assuming you can't find a contract or permanent role in your field and/or industry in the new year.

I'm considering things like private tutoring for example, my friend who does it said I could earn £30-£40ph. Better than nothing...
    What would you teach ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    What would you teach ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    You can get £30-£90ph depending on education and experience. I'd probably do primary school and gcse subjects. Just trying to think of Plan B's for a doomsday scenario

I wasn't working during the 2008 recession, so no idea what people did to make ends meet.

Some things in Moderation

Not a bad idea for those with the inclination...

Private tutor job profile | Prospects.ac.uk

Fingers like lightning

You can get £30-£90ph depending on education and experience. I'd probably do primary school and gcse subjects. Just trying to think of Plan B's for a doomsday scenario

I wasn't working during the 2008 recession, so no idea what people did to make ends meet.
    Having started contracting in 2000 in Telco, and with a CV to match(!), I found fallow years in 2001 in the telco sector, and, after finding my next contract in Travel in 2001, further fallow periods thereafter - unsurprisingly.

But, I stuck it out, kept the company open and went tele-marketing and lead generating for a variety of companies. All paid into the LtdCo.

Thereafter, I have managed to work continually all through all subsequent droughty periods without break. Even though my circumstance now means I no longer need to consider call-based work, if required, I would go back to that.

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Having started contracting in 2000 in Telco, and with a CV to match(!), I found fallow years in 2001 in the telco sector, and, after finding my next contract in Travel in 2001, further fallow periods thereafter - unsurprisingly.

But, I stuck it out, kept the company open and went tele-marketing and lead generating for a variety of companies. All paid into the LtdCo.

Thereafter, I have managed to work continually all through all subsequent droughty periods without break. Even though my circumstance now means I no longer need to consider call-based work, if required, I would go back to that.
    Is there still a high demand for tele-marketing though? Majority of people nowadays, see marketing calls as scams.

Fingers like lightning

Is there still a high demand for tele-marketing though? Majority of people nowadays, see marketing calls as scams.
    Good point. No idea.

Mine were B2B calling via a Telemarketing agency into various companies at a time. I became relatively good at it because I ditched the script, having understood the salient points, and got them / tried to get them interested and engaged from the start.

Am sure cold calling is still a dirty requirement though.