• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

War chest Almost Depleted and Getting Desperate

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Why do they need to tell you that? What will you do with that information other than tell them they didn't save enough.

I can't see how sharing that detail is going to beneft the OP.
    Just relax.

It's not going to benefit the OP but maybe it's going to benefit others in a similar situation.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      Just relax.

It's not going to benefit the OP but maybe it's going to benefit others in a similar situation.
      How?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        How?
        Say I have a 12 months warchest and feel pretty safe with it, so safe that I'm not considering roles with lower rates and/or permie roles, out of pride.

Then I read of other contractors with the same 12 months warchest saying it's now all gone.

Maybe reading about it can open my eyes.

No? You don't think reading about other people's experiences can be of any help?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          Say I have a 12 months warchest and feel pretty safe with it, so safe that I'm not considering roles with lower rates and/or permie roles, out of pride.

Then I read of other contractors with the same 12 months warchest saying it's now all gone.

Maybe reading about it can open my eyes.

No? You don't think reading about other people's experiences can be of any help?
          Completely spot on - This is exactly what these forums are for - Sharing experiences

I feel sorry for the OP and others whose war chest go - It just shows how saving and being spendthrifty is important

Comment

arfur

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              arfur
              I have until about the end of the year remaining, max. The house goes on the market at the end of this month and we'll be heading over to our place in the Sun to start a new life. I can't see the market ever recovering here and even if it did, the level of taxation on corp. tax and dividends will likely render Ltd company contracting unviable. It's been a great 16 years but the time is nigh. Good luck with the bounce back loan and outstanding tax Rishi / Boris. Geniuses. I'm offski.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                I have until about the end of the year remaining, max. The house goes on the market at the end of this month and we'll be heading over to our place in the Sun to start a new life. I can't see the market ever recovering here and even if it did, the level of taxation on corp. tax and dividends will likely render Ltd company contracting unviable. It's been a great 16 years but the time is nigh. Good luck with the bounce back loan and outstanding tax Rishi / Boris. Geniuses. I'm offski.
                When do you plan to strike off the company? Please feed back if HMRC approve that as it would be valuable knowledge for others that are thinking about doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  When do you plan to strike off the company? Please feed back if HMRC approve that as it would be valuable knowledge for others that are thinking about doing the same.
                  I will do, I'm thinking November currently.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                      In your new life, when you introduce yourself to your new friends, are you going to tell them you are a failed contractor who escaped a country leaving a massive debt behind, or are you just going to play the "been places, done things" card?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Comment

Working...
                      X