• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help

Hello,

I just want to explain my situation and ask for help. I am British Citizen, recently formed a Limited Company in England, also an IT consultant (Software developer) and have got a contract work at a Bank in Paris.

To Start my work there my company need to make a contract with another company (Say Company A) who are registered with the Bank. The process will be like, Company A will do an agreement with the bank for the Work. I then will make a agreement with the Company A. I will receive my daily rate in Pounds from that French Company, Company A.

I have to produce the and the company A will pay me my daily rate without deducting any tax. So this will be my company's income.

So now I have to pay taxes. Please let me know if I can pay the taxes in UK or If I have to pay Tax in France and how it works.

Many thanks.

Regards, Biswajit

Generally where the work is done is where you pay the tax.

Comment

LMGTFY

It would be more useful if you actually use a title that's pertinent to your situation rather than 'Please help'

Surely whoever you got the contract through will have other contractors in the same situation and could advise?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you are getting paid in the UK, to your UK company bank Account then its enough if you pay UK tax. That's why I always negotiate to get paid in the UK, in GBP, to my company A/c.

You may hear different stories, especially the typical negative vibe from NLUK. That's OK, just ignore them.
        Last edited by BigDataPro; 12 April 2019, 19:13.

Comment

If you are working in Paris you pay tax in France.

If you were to work in the UK at a bank and get paid by an intermediary in Switzerland and then you tax yourself there, HMRC would be down on you like a ton of bricks. The French tax authorities are no different.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X