I have been offered a contract role by a Swedish based company. The contract is initially for just under 6 months but could be extended closer to the time. I have never contracted before in my life - UK or outside.

I am really confused what would be the best way to take up this contract. . What would be the tax and social security implications for Sweden? Shall I set up a UK limited company? What would be most tax efficient way?

I spoke to a UK accountant and she seemed to suggest that if I have UK ltd company, for first 6 months I will only be subject to UK tax law and if I go beyond that only then I will need to pay Swedish tax.

Please note I will be moving full time to Sweden - i.e no commuting back to the UK on weekends etc.

Any help appreciated.