• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency won't reimburse expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the contract says they pay expenses, then the agency pay expenses. Simple as.

eg you accept and sign the contract because you're working 20 minutes from home, next thing they want to send to you London to work which includes hotels, trains, taxis, oyster, food costs etc.....they should cover those expenses if it's outside the office or location you normally work.

G

Comment

This is quite funny. You should be having some fun with this one.

Contract says they pay - they pay.... Its pretty standard that a contract specifies expenses beyond travel to the companies main place of work can be claimed.

The rest is just noise....

Let the client know what is going on - they won't be happy - and they won't be happy they might lose a good contractor.

No way do you take this on the chin.
      Last edited by dx4100; 24 April 2019, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
        If the contract says they pay expenses, then the agency pay expenses. Simple as.

eg you accept and sign the contract because you're working 20 minutes from home, next thing they want to send to you London to work which includes hotels, trains, taxis, oyster, food costs etc.....they should cover those expenses if it's outside the office or location you normally work.

G
        Exactly. Invoice for the expenses and take it from there.

Comment

I'm with most people on here. If its in the contact then tough luck, the agency can't moan about it later when they realise someone screwed up.

I'd go, send the expenses in and wait and see what happens. If they won't pay it, take it further.

Depends on your relationship with client - have a word with them. They'll be on your side if you can show them the agency are now trying to wriggle out of something they agreed. Especially if agency start replacing the contract and making things awkward for you and risking your future there. Only if client likes you of course.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Talk with the client about it ASAP and maybe they will agree to reimburse expenses directly. I did it for one of my gigs, invoiced agency for my time and client directly for the expenses. Agent just decided that it is too much hassle for them to be in the middle for the expenses . However, there was no question about me paying these out of pocket - that was only question on how it will be paid.

In your situation I wouldn't make a trip unless either agent or client confirm they will pay expenses (even the contract clause is there, as they already challenging it I would seek for another confirmation) - but it is just my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Sub View Post
              Talk with the client about it ASAP and maybe they will agree to reimburse expenses directly. I did it for one of my gigs, invoiced agency for my time and client directly for the expenses. Agent just decided that it is too much hassle for them to be in the middle for the expenses . However, there was no question about me paying these out of pocket - that was only question on how it will be paid.

In your situation I wouldn't make a trip unless either agent or client confirm they will pay expenses (even the contract clause is there, as they already challenging it I would seek for another confirmation) - but it is just my view.
              and the agency were OK with you breaching your contract by invoicing the client directly? Or did they not know?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                and the agency were OK with you breaching your contract by invoicing the client directly? Or did they not know?
                They asked me to do so after first month. They just had not enough skills to do that properly.

Comment

They asked me to do so after first month. They just had not enough skills to do that properly.
                  wow.
                  So when you bypass them and go direct to the client, that's with the agency already accepting that you can.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    wow.
                    So when you bypass them and go direct to the client, that's with the agency already accepting that you can.
                    Not sure why they should accept that. We made agreement (informal, but there is written evidence) between agent, client and me that the travel expenses to be paid directly. It is not voiding "supply of services" restriction clause of the main contract.

Comment

You know that's complete bollocks don't you?

Agent just decided that it is too much hassle for them to be in the middle for the expenses
                      That's disgraceful. They take money from the client for managing you as a contractor to then not carry out their responsibility off a very standard and simple process is well out of order.

IMO if you are so pally with the client to be able to invoice directly I'd make steps to find out how much the client is paying the agent and squeeze his margin at next renewal. Bearing in mind the client is having to carry out extra work that they are paying the agent for I'm sure they won't mind telling you what they pay.
                      Last edited by northernladuk; 25 April 2019, 16:09.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X