• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency won't reimburse expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You know that's complete bollocks don't you?
    I don't really care about their excuse, there is zero additional effort for me to invoice that directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sub View Post
      I don't really care about their excuse, there is zero additional effort for me to invoice that directly.
      Zero additional effort? Erm.. no.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Zero additional effort? Erm.. no.
        I still need to provide receipts to prove expenses, fill the expense report and I still need to send separate expense invoice - either to agent or to customer directly. I did it either way, no difference really as soon as it is being paid.

There is one additional one, however - I need to create separate project in the FA for expenses for that specific gig .

Comment

Originally posted by Sub View Post
          Not sure why they should accept that. We made agreement (informal, but there is written evidence) between agent, client and me that the travel expenses to be paid directly. It is not voiding "supply of services" restriction clause of the main contract.
          Your expenses are already a 'supply of services'. The fact you charge VAT is evidence of that.

So they have accepted that clause does not count. You could just as easily add your day rate onto your expenses invoice and I very much doubt that the agency could do a damn thing about it. They might argue and shout/scream but legally they've shot themselves in the foot.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It sounds as though regular travelling is part of the project so this surely would have been discussed between the client and agency. If the agency think you're paying and put in the contract that they're paying that is a monumental mistake. I'd be VERY surprised if they have a contract clause that is that broad. What if you chose to travel 1st class and drink the mini-bar dry. For them to accidentally agree to paying all travel expenses is odd. Could you post the clause that covers it?

Originally posted by Skag View Post
            I don't think it's even raised with the client. The client has agreed in a fixed man days contract to start with. So maybe the agency doesn't want to charge them extra? I don't know..

Comment

Working...
            X