• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Find out current status of SC clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find out current status of SC clearance

I had SC clearance for a role several years ago for a role that lasted 9 months. How can I find out the current status of my SC clearance?

From what I understand, these are the possible statuses:

Current - means you are still working for the company for which SC clearance was granted.
    Lapsed - means that you have left the company for which SC clearance was granted.
    Expired - means it has been 1 calendar year after the SC clearance was Lapsed.

<moved to business/contracts in the hope of getting better answers than found in General>
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by EylesIT View Post
      I had SC clearance for a role several years ago for a role that lasted 9 months. How can I find out the current status of my SC clearance?

From what I understand, these are the possible statuses:

Current - means you are still working for the company for which SC clearance was granted.
      Lapsed - means that you have left the company for which SC clearance was granted.
      Expired - means it has been 1 calendar year after the SC clearance was Lapsed.
      You've answered your questions yourself
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        <moved to business/contracts in the hope of getting better answers than found in General>
        A better mod would merge it into the existing SC thread, where is Cojak btw?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is the SC even transferable? Some Gov agencies have non-transferable clearances.

The only way to find out for sure is ask the vetting team of your last role as it will still be linked to them, via you.

Comment

Mine elapsed 12 months after leaving the role/organisation which required it.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Or the best mod would have linked a thread that has the answer for the OP and pointed him to where the answer lies.. Like this...

OP have a read of this thread.
              https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...clearance.html

The answer is the last line of the opening post

HTH
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Or the best mod would have linked a thread that has the answer for the OP and pointed him to where the answer lies.. Like this...

OP have a read of this thread.
                https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...clearance.html

The answer is the last line of the opening post

HTH

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to northernladuk again.
                Can someone do the needful please?

Comment

You've answered your questions yourself
                  No I haven't. I still don't know which organisation or website that I can check to verify the current status of my security clearance. The statusus I listed were only my assumptions, and may not reflect the actual status recorded in the relevant SC system.

Comment

Twitching about paint.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X