Find out current status of SC clearance Find out current status of SC clearance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 18

Nervous Newbie

Default Find out current status of SC clearance

I had SC clearance for a role several years ago for a role that lasted 9 months. How can I find out the current status of my SC clearance?

From what I understand, these are the possible statuses:

Current - means you are still working for the company for which SC clearance was granted.
    Lapsed - means that you have left the company for which SC clearance was granted.
    Expired - means it has been 1 calendar year after the SC clearance was Lapsed.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

<moved to business/contracts in the hope of getting better answers than found in General>
    Strong and Stable Moderation

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by EylesIT View Post
    I had SC clearance for a role several years ago for a role that lasted 9 months. How can I find out the current status of my SC clearance?

From what I understand, these are the possible statuses:

Current - means you are still working for the company for which SC clearance was granted.
    Lapsed - means that you have left the company for which SC clearance was granted.
    Expired - means it has been 1 calendar year after the SC clearance was Lapsed.
    You've answered your questions yourself
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    <moved to business/contracts in the hope of getting better answers than found in General>
    A better mod would merge it into the existing SC thread, where is Cojak btw?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Nervous Newbie

Is the SC even transferable? Some Gov agencies have non-transferable clearances.

The only way to find out for sure is ask the vetting team of your last role as it will still be linked to them, via you.

More time posting than coding

Mine elapsed 12 months after leaving the role/organisation which required it.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Or the best mod would have linked a thread that has the answer for the OP and pointed him to where the answer lies.. Like this...

OP have a read of this thread.
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...clearance.html

The answer is the last line of the opening post

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Or the best mod would have linked a thread that has the answer for the OP and pointed him to where the answer lies.. Like this...

OP have a read of this thread.
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...clearance.html

The answer is the last line of the opening post

HTH

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to northernladuk again.
    Can someone do the needful please?

― Marcus Aurelius

Nervous Newbie

You've answered your questions yourself
    No I haven't. I still don't know which organisation or website that I can check to verify the current status of my security clearance. The statusus I listed were only my assumptions, and may not reflect the actual status recorded in the relevant SC system.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Twitching about paint.
    Strong and Stable Moderation