• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else with Hays? Timesheet system woes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else with Hays? Timesheet system woes

Jeez they've made a mess of their timesheet system.

Clients in my experience get a bit peed off if they have to spent ages sorting and authorising timesheets. So it doesn't help when the agency make a change and it no longer works properly - they get a bit peed off.

Hays, in their wisdom, decided that, due to legislation changes, timesheets, even contractors on PWD had to have hours as well as days. Fine whatever no difference to me.

Until, of course, client instead of authorising 5 units a week (i.e. 5 days), now gets to authorise 42.5 units. For some unknown reason, the timesheet system is adding the figures together.

Don't blame the client, they don't to find out they've been billed for 42.5 units and have to chase it.

Am I right in thinking someone should have thought about this before implementing it?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Hays and thinking = oxymoron

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
      Hays and thinking = oxymoron
      How such a large organisation can make such a mess is beyond me....

I often wonder why on earth clients use them to be honest. Probably just because they're big.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        HMRC seem to have gotten it down to a tee amongst others. I believe a massive bank has country wide issues as well today so not sure why you think Hays are immune to massive balls ups.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I often wonder why on earth clients use them to be honest. Probably just because they're big.
          You need to look at who they are tied in with, etc, they are not chosen for their outstanding work.

Comment

So no one else has been affected then?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              So no one else has been affected then?
              errmm, - doesn't look like it. - funny that

Comment

Jeez they've made a mess of their timesheet system.

Clients in my experience get a bit peed off if they have to spent ages sorting and authorising timesheets. So it doesn't help when the agency make a change and it no longer works properly - they get a bit peed off.

Hays, in their wisdom, decided that, due to legislation changes, timesheets, even contractors on PWD had to have hours as well as days. Fine whatever no difference to me.

Until, of course, client instead of authorising 5 units a week (i.e. 5 days), now gets to authorise 42.5 units. For some unknown reason, the timesheet system is adding the figures together.

Don't blame the client, they don't to find out they've been billed for 42.5 units and have to chase it.

Am I right in thinking someone should have thought about this before implementing it?
                The client is at panic stations assessing the potential damage you could do in 42.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  errmm, - doesn't look like it. - funny that
                  Bit odd isn't it. Reminds me of the saying "If everywhere you go smells of tulip, check your shoes".
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Bit odd isn't it. Reminds me of the saying "If everywhere you go smells of tulip, check your shoes".
                    Or in PC's case, your incontinence pants.

Comment

Working...
                    X