• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Intervewing for new contract staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intervewing for new contract staff

My LtdCo has a contract with a company and all the IT services are provided by contractors. When a contractor leaves then a new contract post is quickly posted and recruiters start providing new candidates. I have noticed that the people carrying out the interviewing are themselves all contractors for example project manager has 'lost' a business analyst, PM and other BA - both contractors - interview the new contractor BA interviewees.

So it is the contractors that recommend a new contractor to fill the position. I can see why this is occurring as the client has little IT knowledge in interviewing IT candidates. All questions are scripted.

How does this sit with IR35.

I have not been asked to be interview - yet - but I may be called upon.

Thread on it here.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...nterviews.html

I'd agree with most of the posters on that who say technically yes it's a small flag but as long as everything else points to being outside it's pretty irrelevant.

If you think it's a problem then at your next renewal get an extra line in the Statement of Working saying vetting resources is part of the technical consultancy you provide then it ceases to be D&C.

IMO saying 'no thanks' causes more issues than the small flag raised by doing it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X