• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency wants to put me forward for another role, but not heard back from interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    Easy. Because just like agents and contractors, many companies too like to "hedge their bets" and have multiple agents scouring the market for them. I have worked in many places that never offered any agency exclusivity on a role (or number of roles) that they were recruiting for and often very openly told agencies that they were merely one of many agents working on the client's behalf. The agents were also clearly told that if they didn't like that arrangement, they could go take a running jump. Not surprisingly, very few agents did.
    Possibly but I've just read back and missed the bit about it being another client. I thought it was the same one which largely makes my post irrelevant sorry.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And don't be surprised if you never hear anything back from the agency at all. When you call them to chase, they will be in a meeting or at lunch and call you back,.....not.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Possibly but I've just read back and missed the bit about it being another client. I thought it was the same one which largely makes my post irrelevant sorry.
        No problem, NLUK. My general point does still stand, though. Many clients will routinely use multiple agencies for the same role(s).

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
          No problem, NLUK. My general point does still stand, though. Many clients will routinely use multiple agencies for the same role(s).
          Absolutely no argument from me on that one.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X