• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One sided contract renewal.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One sided contract renewal.

Hi,

I'm currently working as PAYE on a 3 month FTC which I have extended 3 times following 'discussions' with the director who originally signed me up.
    My current contract was extended in mid March 2019 which I agreed to and ends last week of June.

Last week I received an email from HR department advising the good news that my contract has been extended until the end of September 2019.

I was like WTF.....

HR's response was that the director asked them to extend my contract.

I told them no discussions had taken place and more importantly I had not agreed to any extension - so as far as I am concerned my current contract ending in the last week of June 2019 remains in place.

HR didn't sound too bothered (like nothing wrong had taken place) and told me to speak with the director.

Can I have your views ;

1. Can someone decide to extend an FTC without agreement from the person? (one-sided)
    2. Does this take the piss or what?

I 'suspect' the director went behind my back to avoid potential salary (my current contract takes me to 1 year working for the company) and working condition discussions - which was condition of my last agreement to extend.

Thanks,

Originally posted by MEMEME69 View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently working as PAYE on a 3 month FTC which I have extended 3 times following 'discussions' with the director who originally signed me up.
    My current contract was extended in mid March 2019 which I agreed to and ends last week of June.

Last week I received an email from HR department advising the good news that my contract has been extended until the end of September 2019.

I was like WTF.....

HR's response was that the director asked them to extend my contract.

I told them no discussions had taken place and more importantly I had not agreed to any extension - so as far as I am concerned my current contract ending in the last week of June 2019 remains in place.

HR didn't sound too bothered (like nothing wrong had taken place) and told me to speak with the director.

Can I have your views ;

1. Can someone decide to extend an FTC without agreement from the person? (one-sided)
    2. Does this take the piss or what?

I 'suspect' the director went behind my back to avoid potential salary (my current contract takes me to 1 year working for the company) and working condition discussions - which was condition of my last agreement to extend.

Thanks,
    They can’t force you to stay. You haven’t signed the new contract so you finish when the old one ends. If you don’t want to continue on the current rate, inform HR and the director via email.

Then leave on the existing termination date.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

What cojak said.

So wind your neck in.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ditto the above. It's an offer, not a done deal. If you don't want it, don't sign it.

Comment

I’d hate to see how big your post is if something really bad happened.

Just a minor communications issue/assumption you’d be happy to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            I’d hate to see how big your post is if something really bad happened.

Just a minor communications issue/assumption you’d be happy to stay.
            Your wish has been granted lol.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ontractor.html
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Comment

Working...
              X