• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early termination of the contract by client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Now I see what people are saying but imagine if it was the other way around.

We get people on here moaning when contractors give notice anyway. Imagine, as a contractor, strolling into client and saying "Im not giving notice I'm off at the end of the day".

Client would be mega wassed off.... Agent would blow his lid as well I expect if it meant they lost a months worth of their margin.

Yes I know the relationship is different but I still thinks its a bit tight when clients do this. OK they're situation has changed but, come on, play fair and just give notice.

If it was we, even though you might not get anywhere, I'd be pushing for that months notice. Whats there to lose? It'd be a good laugh if nothing else.
    The OP is legally entitled to be mega wassed off and blow his lid.

Still, may be worth making a fuss and seeing if you can get a week's payment out of them.

Comment

Easy enough to send invoice to agency etc. Small claims if you're so inclined.
      Why. The contract states no pay without timesheet. What is there to take to court?

Actually, dont IPSE cover for things like this as well? I remember claiming one day off them once (notice period was one day) when a gig got pulled at 5pm on a friday before monday start once.
      No. You claimed under the following event..

The Contracted role does not exist or is withdrawn after contract is signed but before the on-site date.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 16 May 2019, 10:25.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Why. The contract states no pay without timesheet. What is there to take to court?

No. You claimed under the following event..
        But did he deduct one day's JSA + housing benefit payment from the claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Well, funny you should say that. He was on JSA at the time. Benefits fraud anyone?

Originally posted by psychocandy
          Nah was on JSA at the time so just didnt stop claiming :-)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Well, funny you should say that. He was on JSA at the time. Benefits fraud anyone?
            Ha ha you'd love that NLUK. Sadly I didn't do anything like that. Sorry to disappoint.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Same as when I keep quiet about the tenners I get paid in cash for the handies I offer round the back of the Job Centre.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Same as when I keep quiet about the tenners I get paid in cash for the handies I offer round the back of the Job Centre.
                Oddly enough that's the most believable story you've posted in a long time.

Comment

Doing NLyUK out of a job?

Comment

Ha ha you'd love that NLUK. Sadly I didn't do anything like that. Sorry to disappoint.
                    Ah so you were making it all up. There is a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Doing NLyUK out of a job?
                      I take 7 quid and the other 3 goes directly into repaying his hardship loan. But I keep it quiet to maintain my reputation, so hush hush please.

Comment

Working...
                      X