• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance level 3 vetting - worried

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be Honest

I was with a major consultancy on a secure project, SC vetting minimum. I had a conviction for theft about 15 yrs prior and had tried to dodge these contracts for a while.

Anyway, corporate vetting group ask me to fill out forms and they submit on my behalf. I did not disclose anything at this point.

About a month later I get a letter direct to me from a government agency (customer) saying, something not quite right with your application, have you missed anything out?

I was honest at this point and explained I did not want to disclose anything to my employer and apologised.

SC granted a few weeks later.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonPM View Post
      I was with a major consultancy on a secure project, SC vetting minimum. I had a conviction for theft about 15 yrs prior and had tried to dodge these contracts for a while.

Anyway, corporate vetting group ask me to fill out forms and they submit on my behalf. I did not disclose anything at this point.

About a month later I get a letter direct to me from a government agency (customer) saying, something not quite right with your application, have you missed anything out?

I was honest at this point and explained I did not want to disclose anything to my employer and apologised.

SC granted a few weeks later.

Hope this helps.
      It does. It proves that being honest and upfront is the way to go else you are just relying on pure luck and at best you dodge a bullet.

I hope it's not leading people to think it might be worth doing the above in future just because you got away with it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I didn't really have a choice, if I had told my employer, I would have been out.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonPM View Post
          I didn't really have a choice, if I had told my employer, I would have been out.
          Not disclosing anything you are asked to do is fraud. So you've a theft caution and then caught committing fraud? Doesn't look good does it. Perfect person you want handling SC data.
          Dodged a bullet somehow there.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Would this be the same for NPPV level 3 vetting?

Comment

Originally posted by WorriedOne View Post
              Would this be the same for NPPV level 3 vetting?
              Obviously...

Its not hard. All vetting is about establishing how well you can be trusted. Doing anything like avoiding hard questions is not a good start, is it? They dont care what you've done, they do care if you dont tell them. Especially since they already know.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X