• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We can't do that rate, we put a higher one on the boards so people apply.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can't do that rate, we put a higher one on the boards so people apply.

So just got off the phone with another recruiter from Nigel Frank, interesting job, decent chat, recruiter talking at the speed of light trying to oversell the job and listen to keywords. Nothing too bad here, I get a lot of them have no idea of the technical side of things.

Then the subject of rate comes up, I mention I'll need X as they say there's some additional expenses up and he responds with the fact they can't even do Y unless they push the client hard (which is the minimum they put on the boards) with the logic of 'If we'd put the actual rate on, no-one would apply, would they, everyone does it' when I asked him what he thought would happen when we got to that phase he said that at some point they'll get someone that agrees to it.

Is it me or are recruiters getting worse and more ridiculous with their 'plans' to gain contractors? Ignoring the standard 'job openings' that have nothing in common with my resume or profile this basically lying and false advertising is just a massive time waster for both parties, what can they possibly get out of this other than undercharging contractors who know as little of what they're doing as they do?

Originally posted by Mscott View Post
    So just got off the phone with another recruiter from Nigel Frank, interesting job, decent chat, recruiter talking at the speed of light trying to oversell the job and listen to keywords. Nothing too bad here, I get a lot of them have no idea of the technical side of things.

Then the subject of rate comes up, I mention I'll need X as they say there's some additional expenses up and he responds with the fact they can't even do Y unless they push the client hard (which is the minimum they put on the boards) with the logic of 'If we'd put the actual rate on, no-one would apply, would they, everyone does it' when I asked him what he thought would happen when we got to that phase he said that at some point they'll get someone that agrees to it.

Is it me or are recruiters getting worse and more ridiculous with their 'plans' to gain contractors? Ignoring the standard 'job openings' that have nothing in common with my resume or profile this basically lying and false advertising is just a massive time waster for both parties, what can they possibly get out of this other than undercharging contractors who know as little of what they're doing as they do?
    You should have agreed to an interview and then contacted the client beforehand to cancel giving them the reason.

Comment

Nope. They've always been like this.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Nope. They've always been like this.
        Twunts

Quick exit...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Nigel Frank and their sister company Mason Frank are the biggest wasters of time. Must have had at least 400 calls form them over the past 10 years, each of them complete time wasters, blocked several of their numbers and they still manage to get through,

Comment

If they throw enough sh!t at the wall, eventually, some is bound to stick. This is standard recruiter practice. In fact, the entire industry is built upon this exact business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Must have had at least 400 calls form them over the past 10 years,
              Originally posted by billybiro View Post
              If they throw enough sh!t at the wall, eventually, some is bound to stick. This is standard recruiter practice. In fact, the entire industry is built upon this exact business model.
              Q.E.D.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                Nigel do it much more "proactively" that others. They sh!t up IT market statistics (IT Jobs Watch | Job Market Insights and Trends) at the most.

Comment

This was your first mistake. Never connect with them in LI and don't take any of their calls. I have blocked their number many times. Some pimps good, some bad. NF fit into the latter.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Well the last two roles I've had I've managed to negotiate a higher rate than was agreed before the interview so you can always talk it up later. Unless you're terrible at the interview of course

Comment

Working...
                    X