• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Rewards ‘Upgrade’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE Rewards ‘Upgrade’

Has anyone looked at the IPSE Rewards ‘upgrade’? I received an email saying there would be ‘even more rewards’. Having had a look at the new offering, it’s a joke - the free hot drink offer gone, cinema ticket prices increased. What are IPSE playing at?

No idea. Why dont you ask them?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

My IPSE membership runs out 4 June. I'm not renewing. Since the new Articles of Association replacement, and the dissolution of the Consultative Council, I have no desire to belong to an Association which is run by an Executive with no accountability to it's Members (who fund it).

Go figure.

Quick exit...
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        My IPSE membership runs out 4 June. I'm not renewing. Since the new Articles of Association replacement, and the dissolution of the Consultative Council, I have no desire to belong to an Association which is run by an Executive with no accountability to it's Members (who fund it).

Go figure.

Quick exit...
        Same here. IPSE is the biggest waste of money I've encountered in contracting, that's including all the time wasted with agents.

Adding customer's email addresses to marketing databases is now routine, since the ICO has said it will not take action against these companies and public bodies, they know they can now get away with it.

It is now the same situation as before the GDPR and DPA 2018 - there was a "get-out" clause in the DPA 1998 which said "you can't keep personal information except where...... consent has been given.....blah blah.... or whatever is current standard industry practise at the time"

That clause meant the DPA 1998 was toothless - as soon as a few companies started routinely keeping personal information, it became standard practice in the industry at the time, and then every company realised it can ignore the DPA.

The situation is exactly the same now - companies know by now (1 year on from GDPR coming into force in May 2018) that they will never be sanctioned for routinely keeping your data and sharing it by the ICO, which is underfunded (deliberately) and in any case is on the side of the industry it represents.

Don't believe me?
        Try raising a complaint at the ICO and see how far you get after 3 months.
        Then check your emails in another 3 months - ooh look, the same company which said it had deleted my email address has sent me another email! Looks like they simply ignored the ICO, because, err, why not?

Once more companies realise the ICO is just another joke "ombudsman", and that their competitors who routinely keep and share their customer's personal information are profiting nicely from selling and sharing it, we will be back to the same situation pre-GDPR, albeit with more pension liabilities for the public sector morons who work for the ICO.
        Last edited by VAt Collect0r; 25 May 2019, 14:30. Reason: spellcheck

Comment

Originally posted by VAt Collect0r View Post
          Guff about data protection
          Cool story bro
          I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

They seem quite keen on sending out reminders to activate your new account.

Got an email on Wednesday inviting me to sign up. Then got another email today saying "Yesterday, IPSE Rewards invited you to join Perkbox.."

So - they (a) have no idea when they sent out the original invites and (b) think it's ok to send a chase that's the day after (by their reckoning) they sent the initial invite.

I know Perkbox are not IPSE but the manner in which both organisations manage their mailing lists shows how perfect they are for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              They seem quite keen on sending out reminders to activate your new account.

Got an email on Wednesday inviting me to sign up. Then got another email today saying "Yesterday, IPSE Rewards invited you to join Perkbox.."

So - they (a) have no idea when they sent out the original invites and (b) think it's ok to send a chase that's the day after (by their reckoning) they sent the initial invite.

I know Perkbox are not IPSE but the manner in which both organisations manage their mailing lists shows how perfect they are for each other.
              They have an all singing, all dancing CRM...[emoji12].

Quick exit...
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by tl97 View Post
                Has anyone looked at the IPSE Rewards ‘upgrade’? I received an email saying there would be ‘even more rewards’. Having had a look at the new offering, it’s a joke - the free hot drink offer gone, cinema ticket prices increased. What are IPSE playing at?
                WTF has drinks and cinema tickets got to do with representing freelancers interests?

I was a member when they were PCG but now I don't need the HMRC/IR35 insurance I see no real benefit to being a member, and that was before all the recent changes mentioned on here.

Reminds me of the AA. Membership renewal fee over £200 (yet new members get same cover for about £130, and they claim to value their customers who have to go through the hassle of threatening to leave to get a similar discount ) that included loads of benefits I wasn't interested in and never or very rarely used. Found a much cheaper alternative (under £50/year for similar level of cover).

Cut out the bollox and provide a core service that is attractive enough in its own right.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Cut out the existing, self serving BoD, and their selection of sycophants on the new Members Forum.

Quick exit...

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Cut out the existing, self serving BoD, and their selection of sycophants on the new Members Forum.

Quick exit...
                    And who was it elected them...?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X