• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Overtime Claims (Contract Employment)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But asking the OP again. When did you put these times in? At the time you worked them in which case you will have known they weren't approved when you put your invoice in/got paid or did you just accrue them and bill all 20 at the end?

How has this taken 2 years to get to this?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hmm. Client asks you to work and you do so without getting confirmation that you'll get paid or its authorised. Oh dear they saw you coming.....

Very poor by client as well because it sounds like they knew damn well that you might not get paid. They asked you to work, got what they wanted, and have now dropped it. Poor behaviour.

I'm wary of the "gentlemans agreement" too. You've got to trust the client NOT to stitch you up. My current place I do a bit of our of hours support and we've got an arrangement and so far its worked.

I'd be loathe to work too much. I know of someone who built up 30+ days of "TOIL", project ended, manager left, thanks for the free 30 days.....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Your legal representative won't bring the client in to this. As has already been pointed out, you do not have any contractual relationship with your client. You focus is to get the money out of the agency. If they are found liable then then it will be their responsibility to go get it off the client.

What you need to do is invoice the agency for it and then get an official response, in writing, as to why they believe they don't have to pay. This will be basis of your discussion with the legal company. If you don't know how to do that then you'll have to get guidance from whoever you sign up to but will probably add to the cost.

Thanks for your inputs.

in this scenario client did not paid this overtime to agency and so agency did to paid this to my limited company..

i have the fieldglass/timesheet approval from client manager but unfortunately the system is so automated that anything above 5 days a week goes to "unbillable" but it says that i worked for those weekends/hours..i

Is this sufficient grounds to raise invoice with agency and if required take legal advice with "litigation"/"Dispute Resolution Lawyer ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by patillinganna View Post
          Thanks for your inputs.

in this scenario client did not paid this overtime to agency and so agency did to paid this to my limited company..

i have the fieldglass/timesheet approval from client manager but unfortunately the system is so automated that anything above 5 days a week goes to "unbillable" but it says that i worked for those weekends/hours..i

Is this sufficient grounds to raise invoice with agency and if required take legal advice with "litigation"/"Dispute Resolution Lawyer ?

Thanks
          We don't know. You need to go find a solicitor/lawyer, have a free consultation, or even put your hand in your pocket and pay for the initial consultation and then progress as per their professional guidance.

We cannot help you. The thread is now old, 3 pages long and you've managed to drip feed so much poor information in that we don't have a clue. In your opening statement you say..

thinking it will be compensated in the form of comp-offs or paid but unfortunately client didn’t approved it t approved..sorry”
          and now you say

have the fieldglass/timesheet approval from client manager
          And there are all the questions that your one lines create. When exactly did you put your time in fieldglass that messed up the automation? Right at the end of the gig? Which would be ridiculous.. but we just don't know.

Find yourself a professional, give them ALL the information and then see what they say.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 12 June 2019, 14:09.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X